Sign in to follow this  
chris021192

FSX activation failure after reinstalling

Hi,

I guess this problem was already mentioned in previous topics, but I want to start a new one since I was searching through the web without finding any solution. I recently bought some Logitech/Saitek equipment but unfortunately neither my instrument panel, my multi panel nor my switch panel worked with my FSX. I also tried to solve these problems by installing several drivers from Saitek, Logitech or SPAD but none of them worked.

So I decided to reinstall my FSX. After the game was successfully installed I was asked to activate it. Entering the product key from the inside of the box was not successful, because it's not longer supported by Microsoft.

Does anybody know how I can still activate the game? For your information I only have the standard FSX version. No Acceleration pack, no Deluxe pack. I am also thankful for every hint regarding the issue with my Saitek panels.

Thanks,
Chris

You will have to use the Phone activation.  Toll free numbers for your region are listed.  Look for the Phone Activation.xml in your main FSX folder.

"Germany" Toll="+49 69 5007 0025" TollFree="0800 2848283"/>

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well, I also tried to do this. The first number is invalid in Germany and the second number is only a voice computer that send a link via text message on my phone after me requesting help to activate a game. On this site I am asked how many digits the first part of the product key contains. All I could answer was to choose inbetween: 6-digits, 7-digits, help and help for installation Windows 10.

But the product key is divided into 5 segments with 5 digits. So this won't work as well.

Well, you may have to get the Steam version, on sale if you're lucky. I almost resorted to that because my Blu-Ray Drive hated the FSX DVD's, but all my FSX copies, including an error hiccup with Acceleration did finally validate.

You might try searching Avsim on KB2670838

As of a year and half ago, KB2670838 was a windows update which prevented me authorizing FSX DVD on my laptop. It did not effect FSX-SE (SE version did not care about whether KB2670838 was in windows or out of windows). But  the DVD version of FSX did care.

I would try to uninstall Win update KB2670838 and then see if FSX DVD will install. This worked for me. I tried it twice, 2 times with and without that update installed:  same result.

For phone in registration, I used phone voice instead of phone text, (i.e. copy the telephone  recorded voice with a pencil). I got numbers that fit the boxes by doing that.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.