Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

CONCRT140.dll

Flying along just entering the area of the strait of Gibraltar in the FSL A320 out of the blue, P3D V4.5 crashes to desktop. I check event viewer and these two errors are logged: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30

293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad

Faulting module name: CONCRT140.dll, version: 14.12.25810.0, time stamp: 0x59dd7d9f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000016736

Faulting process ID: 0x2470

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5327879f295df

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONCRT140.dll

Report ID: cf89c3d4-81e2-4699-800a-f190497c45ea

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: Prepar3D.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFF0D216736

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I can usually fix CTD's on my own, but the CONCRT140.dll error I haven't come across before. 

16 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

I can usually fix CTD's on my own, but the CONCRT140.dll error I haven't come across before.

This one is new to me too.  The module belongs to Windows so it could be a bad driver you installed or an incompatible add-on installed in P3DV4.  You might want to run the System File Checker and let Windows look for any missing or corrupt files.  See page 15 AVSIM CTD Guide for more info.  An unhandled exception usually involves one of Microsoft's Visuals or one of the Microsoft dotnets.  Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure an application or add-on is installed as intended by the developer.  Dotnets are used my Microsoft to ensure the application runs properly.  In your case it referenced framework version 4.0.30319. 

I would try the suggestions made in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page10, on how to fix most crashes and freezes in P3D.  This is the list of procedures upcoming in an update to the CTD Guide:

Rename the P3D.cfg (located in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D).  Change to P3D.off. A rebuilt P3D.cfg will be made the next time you restart the simulator.

Delete or rename the dll.xml.  Default is in same folder as the scenery.cfg but look for one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg as some developers still use this location (Prepar3Dv4 users and higher only; P3DV3 and lower are still located in the same folder as the P3D.cfg). Rename both to dll.off (the one in the same folder as your scenery.cfg will be rebuilt when you restart P3D as this is the default location).  See also - Move/Disable modules in your dll.xml in this guide as you can also disable each module, one at a time, from loading at startup.

Move or rename the scenery.cfg (located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D).  For P3D users, recommend you make a new folder in C:\Downloads called Temp.  Go to the Documents/Prepar3D V4 Add-Ons folder and move everything in this folder to this Temp directory.  This will disable all Add-ons in P3D.

Restart P3D.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I deleted my P3D.cfg file and let the sim rebuild a new one. I also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2019. Doing these appear to have fixed the issue for me, however - time will tell and I will report back if I see it again in the near future! 

• Like 1