Tomaz Drnovsek

That value is not allowed?

I wanted to change the display name to my real name but I got the error message:"That value is not allowed."

What's the problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

We have a limit on the number of Display Name changes during a year.  Try again.

I still can't change it 😞

It also says: "You have made 0 of 1 display name changes since 08/06/2008. You are permitted to make 1 change in a 90-day period.". So that wasn't the problem.

I think I fixed it.  Try again.  Apologize for the inconvenience.

Jim

4 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I think I fixed it.  Try again.  Apologize for the inconvenience.

Jim

Sadly, still not allowed. 

It works for me.  Make sure the name is not being used by others.  I was able to change your display name to Tomaz001 but not to Tomaz as that is already in use.

12 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

It works for me.  Make sure the name is not being used by others.  I was able to change your display name to Tomaz001 but not to Tomaz as that is already in use.

I'm trying to change it to my first and last name... "Tomaz Drnovsek". I can't imagine it already being in use. The search in Members didn't return any results.

I made the change but had to put a lower level dash between your first and second names.  Cannot understand why as I can as an Admin and have the same Display Name and Profile settings as everyone.  

Fixed it.  Your display name has been changed.

• Like 1

Just a side question... do Donor wings below avatar image appear automatically when one makes a donation?

1 minute ago, Jim Young said:

Yes.

Well, I made two so far and didn't get them 😞 Sorry to bother you with those silly issues...

This issue is beyond my expertise (I know, hard to believe 🙄).  Have turned it over to the experts in the Tech section and our Finance Department.  I could change your Group from Member to Donor manually but then we might have problems finding the issue that prevented you to be automatically promoted to Donor.  I could not find where you made a first donation.  The second donation showed about 30 minutes after you donated today as the transaction must be sent from PayPal to our system to let us know the transaction was completed successfully before it shows up in our log.  The transaction appears immediately in the Donations as this is all internal.  

No problem. I hope that they solve the issue at some point though and that AVSIM actually got the money I donated. I was just curious about the donor tag, it's not that important.

Appreciate the donation.  AVSIM needs as many donations as possible as it is basically the only revenue we are getting to keep the site up and running.  We did receive the money.  Thanks!