Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

Strange lights

Hello all,

the Lear 35 from Flysimware is my absolute favorite, i fly this bird hours and hours.

But only by daylight, because at night, i have such strange lights:

2019-6-23_14-37-30-25egjr7.jpg

Has anybody an idea, why it looks like this?

P3D v4.5

ORBX global stuff

AS16

Thanks for some hints,

Jan

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

40 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Hello all,

the Lear 35 from Flysimware is my absolute favorite, i fly this bird hours and hours.

P3D v4.5

ORBX global stuff

AS16

Thanks for some hints,

Jan

The next update of the Lear35, which should be soon, will fix the issues with the lights. See the thread in this forum called    Flysimware Lear35 texture update  .

Al

Al,

I too wish there was a way to get rid of this unrealistic effect. It is not directly tied to any lights. It is quite bothersome. I have tried everything. It seems to be tied to an xml gauge in the Learjet.CAB file. Not really sure. But it sucks.. Big Time...

Stephen

9 minutes ago, sacrayton said:

Al,

I too wish there was a way to get rid of this unrealistic effect. It is not directly tied to any lights. It is quite bothersome. I have tried everything. It seems to be tied to an xml gauge in the Learjet.CAB file. Not really sure. But it sucks.. Big Time...

Stephen

Stephen,

I really don't know how the light effects are done. All I can do is make Mark aware of your post.

Al

Edited by ark

Al,

I figured it out. Go to your Texture folder in the main aircraft folder, and delete the file Gound_Lights.bmp. An easy way to do this without deleting the file, is to change the extension from ".bmp" to ".off" This will remove the unrealistic strange lights effect.

Stephen

On 7/13/2019 at 8:42 AM, Paladin2005 said:

Hello all,

P3D v4.5

ORBX global stuff

AS16

Thanks for some hints,

Jan

I see the issue. You installed the wrong version or a very old outdated version in V4.5. What installer version do you have? 

Using our new version you want P3D V4.4 or higher.

Another very odd thing i noticed is the texture in your picture is an old outdated one. So not only do you have the wrong model you have outdated textures. That is why the light is not even aligned centered. So you do not have 1 mistake you have 2 mistakes. How did this happen?

My suggestion is to uninstall. Go to the aircraft folder and delete our folder if any old files are left over.

Now with the latest version re install fresh and choose the correct sim option for P3D V4.4 or higher.

Edited by Flysimware

Thanks for your (late) answer,

my request was from July 2019.

Many Patches (P3D and Lear) later, the problem is solved and i enjoy this bird very much!

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

2 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Thanks for your (late) answer,

my request was from July 2019.

Many Patches (P3D and Lear) later, the problem is solved and i enjoy this bird very much!

In fairness to Mark, this was just 'brought to light' (pun!) thanks partly to the input above by sacrayton which suggested to Mark that somehow textures intended for 32 bit sims were being used in P3Dv4.5.

Al