Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Lighting

Guest heclak

Hi,I wonder how lighting will improve. In FS9, airport lighting is really bad. The airport maybe seem brightly lit. But my aircraft though in a brightly lit area, is pitch black. My taxi lights don't light up AI aircraft. And for goodness sake, light do diffuse gradually. Why the clear,crisp straight lines for lights.same case for the shadows,they look too clear. And they don't seem to get washed out by other lights. And how about some light bouncing effects. When my taxi lights are on,(on the default lear)my aircraft is still pitch black. In reality, i think it should become a slight bit brighter.(ok, maybe the last point is a little difficult)Hope i don't sound too demanding. but in my opinion, lighting can make a major major difference. Just look at Hollywood flicks. They look so much better than normal shows because of the proper lighting. Now, if only FSX....By the way, great job you guys at microsoft...hope you guys have a great year ahead...P.S. sorry if it seems like i'm complainingCheers,Hector

This is probably my single most wish as well. It always bothered me that my plane was always dark when the area around me was bright. Especially when not using AI aircraft, static aircraft would be lit with night textures so that they are bright in bright areas of the field. The taxi and landing lights do bother me as well. I do hope this is something that can be improved upon.I guess we will see!

Chris Lezama

Guest fsxcess

This is an area I too would like upgrading. The problem is that FS2004 uses what seems to be multi-texturing or they use the alpha channel, I think they use the _LM extention for the light areas. So the light areas that are shown in FS are pre-defined areas of brightness. Instead, I hope they use an actual light point in the sim so that the gfx card can calculate what areas a light is pointing at, what colour it is and the more lights pointing at one spot, the brighter that area should be. This combined with self shadowing would be excellent.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

I have a solution to your problems:In settings, click on "day" when setting the time/season.Now theres no need to use lights at all ;)

Hi,Actually, simulating your own landing lights playing along your wing or fuselage in FS2004 is quite easy - the artist just has to add them to the night textures. :)Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___