Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

Still no cloud shadow

HelloAs we all saw in the shots we still don't have shadow off clouds in fs, things that in my opinion is very important to give the sense of realism in flying environment. I don

Iransim Administrator

Microsoft Flight Simulator Add-on Developer Since 1998

Robert Goddard said: It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Hi,I have been "lobbying" the cloud shadow issue since FS2002. Lets just hope MS finally will implement cloud shadows, aswell as no sharp aircraft shadows when cloudy. :-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gif"Real men fly with round gauges"[/color]

Staffan

From what MS are saying they can do with the new direct x10 and pixel shader 4.0 (?) features like this will be included. Look at some of the videos provided and you'll find the cloud shadows

Alaister Kay

Guest wingnut2

Watch the the interview with taildragger, he confirmed it :D

Guest JSPuonti

Could you please provide us with a link to the video which SHOWS clouds casting shadows on the landscape? (not just some guy hinting that there might be such)Thanks.

Guest jboweruk

It certainly looked to me in some of the screenies like the sun disappears behind the clouds, that for me as far as 'eye-candy' goes is a major step toward enjoying sunrise/sunsets. It mucks up some screenshots the way it is right now.I wonder if the birds will have any impact on your plane if they get too close......

hias far as i know there won't shadow for clouds in fsx.maybe it is a future program for fs.i have seen those video too.there is no shadow for clouds.it is not that much difficult to creat such things in directx10!!!!!regard

Iransim Administrator

Robert Goddard said: It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Guest Jimbofly

The screenies have been done in DirectX 9. The reason I know this is because in the video of the guy talking about FSX (one of the developers, don't remember his name, but the link is definitely somewhere in this forum) he said that examples of FSX at the moment are early and are done in DX9. Apparently the shaders in DX10 are going to make the game look even more amazing, and he mentioned cloud shadows.James

Guest JSPuonti

I saw the interview too and heard them mention cloud shadows (although to me it didn't sound like they were saying "FSX WILL HAVE cloud shadows" - it was more like "The new technology allows for things like cloud shadows").What got my attention was that Alaister Kay said "look at some of the videos and you'll find cloud shadows". If there is a video out there that SHOWS cloud shadows in FSX, I'd be very interested in seeing it.On the other hand, Alaister might simply have meant that there is a video out there where someone MENTIONS cloud shadows. It's easy to draw the wrong conclusions from his post :)

Guest tdragger

Um, I wouldn't say I exactly confirmed anything...

Guest tdragger

Actually at this point FSX will likely be cutting features, not adding them.

so hopefuly we will see cloud's shadow in fsx.i watched the video again ,yes they mention it.touradg

Iransim Administrator