Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

My hopes for the new version

I first posted this list in another topic but thought Id create a new thread and add a few to it.crossing runway support instead of having to trick the game causing ATIS to spit out tons of runways and the occasional AI landing on one of thembetter ATC support for sid/starsAI uses sid/stars and actual flight plans following waypoints instead of polar routesmore accurate roads rivers coastlines landclass and streams so we dont have to buy them in an addon for each continentbetter airport and city scenery so we dont have to buy countless addonsbetter default afcads, no more airports with zero parking spaces, please!ATC gives better directions and vectors ai and you into holds or on different headings for a bit to help traffic flow at busy airspacesATC gives clearance to airplanes to depart quickly while another airplane is on finalATC gives better directions to land at certain runways, ie heavys dont use 19L and R to takeoff at SFOThe ability to close and open one side of a runway for takeoffs and landings instead of having to do both sides for it to workI could go on but thats just a short listScreenshots are nice and all, but its just eyecandy for what people demand to be called a simulator not a gameAnd how about no texture masking in the distance, the bland generic square that surrounds your airplane looks awful, especially when above 15k feetno more north pole, south pole limitsNo more ATC clearing a cessna to land while a heavy jet is on final behind itbetter afcad creation so airplanes dont get stuck face to face on the ground because of bad taxi instructionsairplanes dont disappear and are more intelligent when using parking codes such as cargo, ramp, gate, etc.holding points on the ground so at busy airports they can wait while their gate is vacated, just like in real life.better AI flight plan support so turnaround time can be shorter than 45 mins without problemsthe team working with navdata.at and editvoicepack to make sure they will be compatable, or at least give them the info needed to continue their great supportWorking with developers so either a free or small priced update would be possible to make the countless addons weve spent money on be compatable with FSX.AI airplanes and user airplanes given speed restrictions by ATC, slowing them down to the speed limit below 10k and slower on approach to space out the planes betterdifferent rules and atc speech depending on what location you are in, 18k transition in the US but other altitudes depending on where you are, etcmore voice speech from various dialects, depending on where you are. And maybe an ability to say where your or an AI airplane is from so the voice pack knows to use those dialects more oftenI am sure there are more I am forgetting but that was off the top of my head

Guest Peter Sidoli

AlI would also agree that a full database of Sids/Stars and intersections is important in FSX. So many Commercial complex aircraft are coming out that they need a full data bank to feed from rather than individuals trying to make their own Sid/Stars.Also accurate coast and rivers, lakes and towns and roads, even areas of forestation are needed to make FSX a truly VFR sim.Peter

I agree. You still managed to poke at the eye candy :) but I think ATC is one of the systems that needs an upgrade. Also agree that anything that can enhance VFR flying would be greatly appreciated. I do not fly heavies, just the GA, so weather, ATC, flight dynamics and systems, and dare I say wildlife and an immersive living enviroment? :) Ian.

I'd really like to be able to fly over the poles. I fly a lot in Australia and I'd like to be able to stop over in the Antarctic on my way to South America or Africa.As for the rest of your demands I think that successive versions of FS have shown that continuous and dramatic improvement is certain. I think that eventually all your demands will be met if not in FSX then in some later version.I don't think that harassing the good people at Microsoft with endless demands is going to help matters at all.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest tdragger

I wouldn't call it harassment. I, for one, enjoy reading about what people are interested in. However, I will say that for me, personally, I tend to skip past messages that include a big laundry list of items. I may scan it quickly but my reaction tends to be "same list of stuff I always see", especially if I see terms like "ATC", "sloped", "SID", etc. It's too bad because I'm sure I'm missing good ideas.I'd rather see one message per topic with a more in-depth explanation of the request, how you'd like it to work, and--most importantly--what value it adds to your experience. As Jason has said, we don't have a lot of time to read these forums so I'd rather be reading quality instead of quantity.

Guest FLC  C.E.O.

>I'd rather see one message per topic with a more in-depth>explanation of the request, how you'd like it to work,>and--most importantly--what value it adds to your experience.>As Jason has said, we don't have a lot of time to read these>forums so I'd rather be reading quality instead of quantity.Tdragger,Heres a simple one that I've never mentioned. When adding fuel allow an option in settings for a realistic option. It would work by you seeing your available tanks but not how much is in them either in percentage, pounds or gallons. Instead you use you gauges to determine how much to add. If you request to much it either makes the value as if you requested 100% (full tank) or rejects the value until you enter something lower than 100% like how it works in FS( if you enter too high of a value).See Attached Picture.That seems as a easy feature to add at this point in the game (development to relase date). It would make flying GA planes more realistic. Now what could be added to that is if you got this window by dialling in the unicom freq that services fuel at that airport, open up the ATC window and have a selection of request fuel under the unicom options.**Other options could be a request a follow me car and request a ramp agent for parking as a marshaller and/or start-up.**Once you select fuel request you have to wait a short time for the fuel truck as normal and if your really feeling generous you could put AI fuel trucks that follow the AFCAD file to get it close to your a/c.Then the window pops up to add fuel and you get the sound effect of being fueled. FSCrew does most of these features for the cessna 172 but it would be great for all a/c and hard coded in the sim.Hows that for a request?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/139658.jpg

Guest tdragger

<>Interesting idea.<>I take it you're not in the software biz?

Guest FLC  C.E.O.

>>I take it you're not in the software biz? I once was able to program my VCR clock to stop flashing "12:00", does that count?! :-)

I wish,They would FSX would learn to utilize the hardware we purchase, 4Gig Ram, HT, Dual Core, Quad Core, Multi Processor, Networked computing power with 270 degree view on multi monitor with a seamless external view.and the 1028 X 1028 resolution for the sceanries.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest tdragger

>I wish,>>They would FSX would learn to utilize the hardware we>purchase, 4Gig Ram, HT, Dual Core, Quad Core, Multi Processor,>Networked computing power with 270 degree view on multi>monitor with a seamless external view.>>and the 1028 X 1028 resolution for the sceanries.Let me know when that becomes a standard home computer setup. By then maybe even I'll be able to afford it. ;)