Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Can't engage auto pilot

I've had it working before so I'm not sure what I'm missing.  The AP switch is in the up position and when I try to engage the middle ENG afcs button it won't do anything.  If I press it a second time the AP disconnect sound is heard but nothing does anything.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I've had it working before so I'm not sure what I'm missing.  The AP switch is in the up position and when I try to engage the middle ENG afcs button it won't do anything.  If I press it a second time the AP disconnect sound is heard but nothing does anything.

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure what you mean by the ENG button 'won't do anything', but from Cold and Dark (All Systems Off), clicking on Ready to Start on the Shift+1 popup should be enough to set up things to get some response from the AP. By that I mean when clicking the ENG button the Roll and Pitch (R and P) lights should work, clicking on HDG should cause the FD to come into view, pushing the TST button should light up all the AP buttons, etc.

Actually, from Cold and Dark, just turning on a Battery switch, and the Avionics and AP switches should be enough to get the AP buttons to light up appropriately.

However, if the problem you are having is the buttons light up as expected but the AP does not engage and control things in flight, that is a different issue. If that's the case, more details would be helpful.

Al

Edited by ark