Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Lear inop

I am having trouble with my Lear, I can’t even do a flight because my sim crashes whenever I click to start a flight. I have P3Dv4.5 installed and I did a clean install just prior to downloading the Lear. I did make sure to click on the option v4.4 or higher with the install wizard. It’s only with the Lear because I have tried other aircraft and everything is okay but I just can’t get my Lear to work. I made sure admin permissions were correct as well....

RHi...

I’ve had issues when I create a flight with complex aircraft - such as A2A - then try to use that flight to start from... I would get CTD in P3D4.5...

I’d try two things - start the sim with one of the default aircraft - then switch to the Lear...

If that works - you could try creating a brand new flight with the Lear at a new airport and save that flight - then see if you can launch straight into it...

I think the saved flight gets mangled sometimes with complex aircraft...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

11 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

RHi...

I’ve had issues when I create a flight with complex aircraft - such as A2A - then try to use that flight to start from... I would get CTD in P3D4.5...

I’d try two things - start the sim with one of the default aircraft - then switch to the Lear...

If that works - you could try creating a brand new flight with the Lear at a new airport and save that flight - then see if you can launch straight into it...

I think the saved flight gets mangled sometimes with complex aircraft...

Regards,

Scott

Hello, I just tried your idea and no luck there.

17 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

If you are using addon Weather Radar or GTN make sure you have the latest update to them?

That did it! Thanks! 

To add for future reference, the MilViz/REX radar is prone to cause CTD's whenever the DLL of the radar does not match the sim version it was made for. Some addons (seldomly) come with the wx.dll in their own aircraft folder (often when they are bundled with it), but the updater only catches the wx.dll in the main gauges folder- in this case deleting the individual wx.dll cures the problem, as the panel is now falling back to the main gauges folder and thus the correct version.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team