Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

FLYSIMWARE INFO Folder MIA

Hi Folks,

RE: P3Dv4.5

As per Al:

On 8/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, ark said:

If you are referring to the GPS options, there should be a folder called FLYSIMWARE LEAR35A INFO in your main sim folder, e.g., under P3Dv4, etc.

Al

Just downloaded the update from SIMMARKET - seems to have run fine - aircraft has been updated - the folder is not in the root of P3D as I noted the new location...

I ran the installer twice - as admin - no joy...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

As per Al:

Just downloaded the update from SIMMARKET - seems to have run fine - aircraft has been updated - the folder is not in the root of P3D as I noted the new location...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, you are correct. The FLYSIMWARE INFO folder has been moved -- again. With the new installer you will now find it (I hope!) in your C drive root directory at C:\FLYSIMWARE.

Al

Hi Al,

Just searched my whole PC - found it - and THANK YOU kindly for all your had work too !

You guys have a heck of a team right now...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

18 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

As per Al:

Regards,

Scott

BTW, there should be a small text file called Flysimware Get Started on your desktop with some initial info. You can delete this once you are up to speed.

Al

1 hour ago, ark said:

Hi Scott,

Yes, you are correct. The FLYSIMWARE INFO folder has been moved -- again. With the new installer you will now find it (I hope!) in your C drive root directory at C:\FLYSIMWARE.

Al

Seriously? The root of C:...

Maybe that's why it crashes P3D when I load the aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Sorry -- I don't understand the concern. Reality XP, Flight1, REX, all have folders in the C root directory. Why do you think having the GPS Management tool in the folder C:\FLYSIMWARE is causing crashes?

BTW, if you are using P3Dv4.5, you need the latest versions of the REX WX Radar and GTN 750/650 if you are using these gauges. Not having the latest versions of these gauges will cause a CTD.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, RichieFly said:

The GPS selection executable literally just changes the Panel.cfg in the aircraft folder... You could have it anywhere on your PC, and it wouldn't make a difference for anything involving the aircraft's sim performance. It's just a GUI to easily change the GPS systems without having to manually replace a panel config.

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns