Sign in to follow this  
Blackace16

Sibwings O-1 Bird Dog P3d V4.X Compatability

Has anyone had success in migrating the Sibwings O-1 Bird Dog platform to Lockheed P3dv4.X?  As a former Bird Dog driver, I worked with the two Russian developers (Andre and Alex) back in 2009/10 in the development of their FSX O-1 offering to the  Microsoft FSX flight sim community.  Their visual modeling techniques were about as good as it gets with the main problem being flight dynamics.  Ultimately that was resolved and they produced a final product that  flew much like the real bird and was uncannily realistic!!  Since the Sibwings team broke up before the advent of the Lockheed platform, the bird was never modified for the 64 bit architecture.  I really miss flying the Sibwings bird and would be very interested in conversing with any simmers who have been able to modify it to work with P3d.

No, I just tried and the plane was invisible when viewed from the vc. There were also some textures missing on the outside. I think this was  part of Sibwings' security. I haven't heard of anyone that has gotten any of the old FSX Sibwings to work in P3Dv4.

But Sibwings has come back to life somewhat in the form of ATSimulations. They have already released an upgraded version of Sibwings' AN-2 for P3Dv4, with a sizeable discount for anyone that purchased the FSX version from Sibwings. Hopefully they'll decide to release the Birdog too.

-Bob  

PS: the only thing about ATSimulations that has raised some eyebrows is that you are required to have an active internet connection while flying the plane. I suppose this is part of ATS's security. 

Edited by BBCM

The BirdDog was a real favourite of mine in FSX. Since they went AWOL I've not even been able to install it into a fake FSX folder because of their registration system. Shame.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Funny you mention this.. I was just lamenting their latest project (an esoteric update to my beloved An-2) and musing I would MUCH RATHER see a Bird Dog... still, developers don't make a habit of basing their business plans on the musings of one word not allowed.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper