Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

ORBX Australia V2 crashes near YTBN

Simple description:

I have found that when flying from YBAS to YBCG, at a certain point in the route, my simulator would simply exit to desktop. Tried again, same result, and repeated with different aircraft from different situations, and got to the point where i found that a bunch of airports added by AU V2 were the culprits.

After further testing i discovered that ADE_FTX_AUS_YTNB.BGL inside <Prepar3D Folder>\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery was making the simulator crash.

I tested this in another PC with just FTX AU V2 and i got the same result. 

I am posting this here to whom it might concern as i don't go into ORBX's "perfect world, only positive posts" forum. By disabling this single file or deleting it (better not) the crashes are gone, so the ADE file might be corrupt or something similar.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

i don't go into ORBX's "perfect world, only positive posts" forum.

Barely seen such a nonsense....

Pinto, did you ever post inside ORBX? Did you mark "AU v2" in every scenery's config via Central? And, i cannot replicate your problem.

Fritz

I am registered and i can read.

I did everything required, it happens in another PC as well with just FTXAUV2, so there is an issue with the BGL. Also, my father has the same scenery on his own PC and it happens the same.

I have enough experience to identify and solve issues within my simulator, i just thought i'd share it here IN CASE someone else faces the same problem.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

So  posting  in here will  solve  the  issues,  should have  posted  the issue  in  orbx  forum  where  they  can  fix  the  issue  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Agree with Pete.  I think you are expressing frustration rather than trying to help the rest of the community.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP