Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

The blurs

Hey gals I just started flying in steam could use a little help.I have a lot of Orbx scenery in FSX but also have addit and every thing is off except Oregon,Northern and southern Calif..I have FSX turn way down.I can not fly 5 min. and have to re set scenery and when I get to landing frame rates go by by  and stalls a lot .I have it set now at 30 fps it runs right at 29.0 to 29.4 I have try unlimited no change. Thanks for any help....    my box is Alienware Area-51 it has a : i7 CPU 960 @3.20GHz 12 GB of Memory GeForce GTX 770

Edited by sdenton
add some things

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Have tried your display settings at the Orbx product manual recommendations?

Ernest Pergrem

The AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide provides settings for FSX that work for me.  Some are higher than I would like but the AA is great.  Are you using the NVIDIA Inspector for your graphic settings.  The FSX guide provides a link to the latest version and the FSX Configuration Guide provides the best settings.  You cannot get these settings just using the NVIDIA Display Settings.  Also, do you have the DX10 Fixer?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim I did not know that FSX is the same settings for FSX Stream Edition it did help a lot.Also I keep reading where to put FSX Steam any ideas on that .I have it at:C: /program files (x86) /steam/ appstream/ common/ FSX 

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

16 hours ago, sdenton said:

Also I keep reading where to put FSX Steam any ideas on that .I have it at:C: /program files (x86) /steam/ appstream/ common/ FSX

Whenever I install a simulator like FSX/P3D, I click on Options at the beginning of the install (FSX) and set up the location at another drive such as G:\FSX or G:\Prepar3Dv4. I do not have FSX-SE so do not know if the installer will add /steam/appstream/common/FSX.  I strongly recommend you follow the guidance of making sure you have the compatibility settings set to Run as Administrator for ALL users.  Details in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 12.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10