Sign in to follow this  
Kimp1lot

Pushback sequence answers

Hello,

I'm using Menu Control.

So during the pushback the sequence is as follows :

- UGCX: Set brakes
- User: Brakes are set

Then, the guy will say something like "Ok disconnecting, positive engine start, see you on the [X] hand side with the pin for the hand signal, bye".
Following option available to release him :
- You can disconnect and go to hand signals.
He will answer something like "Disconnecting bye".

Two things here :
1. The "positive engine start", since you have no way of knowing, could maybe be removed. After setting the brakes, the guy told me that I had positive engine start while my second engine was not even started.

2. Maybe the whole message "Ok disconnecting, see you on the [X] hand side with the pin for the hand signal, bye" could be moved to after the user say or select this option : - You can disconnect and go to hand signals.

I mean, he could say that the ground equipment is removed and then he standbys until the user releases him as of now and then say "roger, disconnecting, see you on the right".

What do you think ?

I just did a push in Germany in English (German accent).

The ramp agent never talks about "positive engines".

To be sure, you're not confusing us with a different program by chance?

At any rate, you wouldn't disconnect the ramp agent until both engines have started.

Yes I would not disconnect the ground agent before my engines are started but I did not say that, did I ?

It is your program which says "positive engine start", with the "DE-ENG" sound pack.

There is nothing with "positive engine start" or "good engine start" in your script ? Nothing related to the engine at all ?

I would record it but I cannot.

Well, that's not me saying that 🙂

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Interesting. I may have misheard or I may be becoming crazy ; I tried a pushback with a default F-22 at the same airport and this time it was shorter than what I remember, he did not say something with the engines indeed.

I can swear I heard it though, but you're telling me you didn't even record it so...

I'll report back if I hear voices again 😄

PS: Yes, I was using UGCX and only UGCX.

OK, I am not crazy.

Please check your script. There are multiple variations, in one of them you say "good engine start".

Yes true I say good engine starts after the pushback. Where is your problem? We can give the cockpit feedback of what we see, hear and feel.

I once experienced a 757 that had a high N2 vibration. You can literally feel that. As I had no indications, I gave feedback to the guys on top, and they were very grateful. They didn't spot it first, and together we waited a bit, and fortunately, the vibrations came to rest after a minute. 

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

At first you denied saying "good engine start"...

I'm suggesting to remove this because you don't actually know when the engines are started, it's not a matter of indication or real life counter-part.

The work-around to this is simply to wait before pressing the "Brakes set" option of course, but I figured I would report it.

If there is no issue, I'm out and you can lock the thread 🙂

32 minutes ago, Kimp1lot said:

At first you denied saying "good engine start"...

-.- I denied "positive engine start,"......

32 minutes ago, Kimp1lot said:

I'm suggesting to remove this because you don't actually know when the engines are started, it's not a matter of indication or real life counter-part.

So you suggest to me, to say it differently as in real life? That's a new one, and you base your suggestion on what?

Also, we (ramper) say that after I removed the tow bar and pin etc. This is the indication and confirmation for the crew that all equipment is clear and I'm ready to disconnect. 

By the way, I know when the engines have started, as when you have enough experience, it's easily audible.

After second thought I think you mean I can't know it in the Sim, right?

Well, regarding that we only disconnect after all engines are started. We'll adjust the flow anyway because of some TO-DOs, but you should have all engines started by the time I say that. 

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.