Sign in to follow this  
Quijote

Request - a way to exit P2A loops

Hello,

There are a few times when P2A gets stubborn and won't let me go forward.

1) sometimes I get nervous when a pass the green arrow for descent and P2A doesn't tell me to descend. But if I initiate a descent on my own, P2A scolds me and says "expedite climb to xxxxx" , But if I don't obey because I am now in a zone where the waypoints demand a lower altitude, P2A doesn't realize that now I can descend. It will continue "expedite climb to xxxxx" all the way down to the runway. There needs to be a routine where it checks to see if maintain altitude is still what is needed.

2) Sometimes when I taxi, I will select an entry to the runway that wasn't what P2A expected, so when I announce "ready for departure" it sends me to the tower who sends me back to ground for taxi instructions. I haven't found a way out of this loop other than just taking off and announcing my climb to the regional control. I'm not talking about a midfield departure, but entering by a taxiway a few hundred feet short of the end of runway. If P2A accepted a departure point within a 300 ft radius of the X-Y that it wants, life would be more pleasant.....

I use P2A several times every day, so these things come up from time to time. If there are tricks that I can use as workaround, I would be pleased to learn them.

#1 may be a bug.  You could try Disconnecting, Connecting, Filing and then an initial call to ATC like, "<CallSign> at FL 230".  That might wake ATC up and get you your descent.

#2 If you want to takeoff from an intersection other than the one P2A assigned, just use the Mid-Field departure request and it should work.  Midfield departures are for any departure other than the end of the runway.

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, #2 has a workable solution and I will use it.

However, #1 comes at a bad time. I am very busy with turning onto the final approach and going through that whole process is too much to ask. I just ignore ATC until I land. I usually have FSE passengers aboard and don't want to do anything that might interrupt the flight and force me to start over from scratch.....