Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

You don't need to worry about X-Box Game Pass

1 hour ago, Superdelphinus said:

No, nothing will depend on game pass - they’ve already said it will just be one of the ways you can access/ buy the game. 

Latest XBOX update oct MSFS available on XBOX Gold pass 14.99 month when released. if that's true then the XBOX users are going to be subsidising PC users, that may cause some upset as they will outnumber simmers.   

The download version may be like FSX as you will not be streaming.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

7 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Latest XBOX update oct MSFS available on XBOX Gold pass 14.99 month when released. if that's true then the XBOX users are going to be subsidising PC users, that may cause some upset as they will outnumber simmers.   

Console gamers are used to pay for access to games through a monthly fee. Most of them only play a subset of the 100´s of games available to them anyway. The more games added, the better the service becomes.

Win - Win

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

5 minutes ago, espent said:

Console gamers are used to pay for access to games through a monthly fee. Most of them only play a subset of the 100´s of games available to them anyway. The more games added, the better the service becomes.

Win - Win

Agreed but with 3 versions on offer it`s possible the full streaming version may req subs something PC users will have to get used to in the future.

Subscription addons are not new to simmers.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

I am not sure how many attended the press event, but it said that they shared at 25Mbit connection. So the bandwidth requirements cant be that high. I guess Microsoft eats the data transport costs.

I don't know how many TB the XBOX datacenters uploads to users buying games every day is, but I think the data streaming part of FS2020 will be a very very small percentage in the overall picture.

In addition they have the Mixer service on XBOX where they are streaming 1080p video to hundred of thousands of users 24/7.

My guess is that FS2020 will increase the total upload for MS with  less than 0.1%.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Microsoft Azure was developed for the corporate customer they can host their company on Azure without the need to keep upgrading servers, gaming will probably be less than 0.1% when it starts. 

My daughter`s company is moving to Azure Cloud hosting at the moment, no more taking the company off line for a weekend to upgrade and then hope it works on Monday when they switch back on, 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.