Some time ago I setup my flight simulator using a Matrox TH2go digital version.  The resolution for the three monitors are 3840x1024. In the display settings of FSX I have 3840x1024x32 checked and in the fsx.cfg file I have listed under my video card with that same resolution.  In the matrox Power Desk (multi display setup) is listed 1280x1024 [3x1].  When I start my computer all three screens startup right or as they should however every time I start FSX the opening screen starts up on the center screen.  I can "streach" the screen to fit but all is fuzzy on the outer two screens when flying.  Can this be fixed?  Any Ideas?

hpwells1

This has nothing to do with the topics for this forum.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have moved this topic into the Monitors forum.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I once had the same setting (TH2Go digital with 3x1280x1024) in my FSX time and as far as I know, there is nothing you can do regarding the fuzziness near the outer edges. The closer you get to the outer edges, the greater the "stretching" of the image.

It is not due to the TH2Go, but simply the fact that an image intended for a single monitor is now stretched to cover 3 times its width. I later replaced my TH2Go with an ATI graphic card to use Eyefinity across 3x 1920x1080 monitors and had the exact same problem (with FSX and P3D). I finally replaced the whole setup to use a single ultra wide 21:9 monitor (2560x1080) and the stretching on the outer edge, though still present, is far less annoying due to the smaller total width in pixels.

One other solution would be to use 3 different views in FSX (one per monitor, 45* Left, Front, 45*Right) but that will kill your FPS. 

Normand

Intel i7 14700K @ 5.6 GHz / Asus ROG STRIX Z790E Wi-Fi / 32GB DDR5 6400 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 1000 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 11

As the previous poster said about the ATI eyefinity setup you also have the option with nvidia with nvsurround, so if you are in the market for a new vcard, both would give you the option for 3 monitor displays with out the stretching. I previously used a GTX970 with 4 gigs of vram to display (3) 24" monitors, it worked just fine.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+