Sign in to follow this  
Babbo

Flightplan troubles - import & export (resolved)

Hello again & right from the start, thanks for your patience ... I have - partially - good news.

First let me answer your questions. Let's start with the prominent c:\ProgramData\Garmin\. Originally, it contained a \GTN Trainer Data\GTN\ with an empty GTN1nonvol and my first-trial \FPLN\ . Both appeared outdated, so I deleted \GTN Trainer Data\GTN\ and these two subdirs.

Now, after the update (first the trainer, then, following you, the RXP-software) that branch, c:\ProgramData\Garmin\, was extended (i.e. during the update process) to c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\ and c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\ The first received my flightplan-dir, i.e. became c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN\ (FPLN manually added), where I put 3 files: the waypoints and two flightplans, your user.wpt and KSLE_KSLE.gfp and an own LOWG_LOWG.gfp (Yepp, greetings from Austria!) re-saved from fms to gfp with (the newest) Little Navmap. The second extension now ends as c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\nonvol\, holding 4 EEPROM-files and 3 sys_nand-files. As mentioned, that FPLN-approach did not work. There are no other subdirs.

Now the good news. Following endless hours of trial, (re)search & error, I moved my FPLN-dir from

c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN\

to, guess  what, the non-default dir of my trainer-software:

j:\Programme\Fly\Garmin\Trainers\ProgramData\Databases\FPLN\

All without any env-vars. And it worked. Crazy(!) thing is, that this approach perfectly feeds X-Plane, but not the trainer standalone.

Finally, relating back to my "partially" good news running X-Plane: my GTN650 imports KSLE_KSLE.gfp, also successfully activates it (statusbar says ENR), and it  imports my LOWG_LOWG.gfp, but the latter activation ends with a TERM(inaton), some conflict, which I cannot resolve, even after reading manuals a/o consulting the internet.

Now the two most recent logs requested:

19/10/28 17:06:18.256 12100 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.20.2
19/10/28 17:06:18.256 12100 INFO ]

19/10/28 17:06:21.809 12100 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.20.0
19/10/28 17:06:21.808 12100 INFO ]
19/10/28 17:06:59.173 12100 INFO ] GTN 650.1 - TRAINER 6620
19/10/28 18:23:30.018 12100 INFO ] GTN 650.1 - TRAINER 6620

Sorry couldn't do it shorter. Hope, I was sufficiently concise. Basically, from my view, the following questions remain:

1. Does this all make sense for you, should I keep my trainer-FPLN-dir?
  2. Why can I not import with the trainer standalone?
  3. How can I get my LOWG_LOWG.gfp correctly activated in X-Plane? (note: its fms-counterpart did the job in the GNS430/530 perfectly)

As always, thanks for reading and thinking ...

I'm aware of that registry node. In my case, not to say consequently, i have 

BinPath    = J:\Programme\Fly\Garmin\Trainers\

DataPath   = J:\Programme\Fly\Garmin\Trainers\ProgramData\

DBDatapath = J:\Programme\Fly\Garmin\Trainers\ProgramData\Databases\

In the end, I don't have an idea why I also  have a c:\ProgramData dir and what it is for, why nonvol is targeted there, but FPLN must be in the trainer dir, and some things more - but, not surprisingly, I will keep everything as it is.

Additional thanks for the fppilot-link (even if can't follow your normal-argument).

16 hours ago, RXP said:

@fppilot has written very helpful tutorials and information in our forums about all this. You might want to start searching in his posts?

Babbo has sent me a PM about the flight plans and I have responded to him via PM.  I can replicate that here if desired, but it only speaks to the flight plan format issue, not to the other issues I see in this RXP - X-Plane topic.  I am not an X-Plane user.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yes indeed, thanks again to fppilot for his help, I will study these links ...!

For now let's close that environment/path&registry-debate; even if I didn't fully check the reasoning why things (=paths) evolved as they did, but most importantly, locating FPLN at the trainer's side (please see above), I managed the import wanted.

Two other points still apply:

One question hasn't been answered at all: a flightplan, designed in a GTN or imported into a GTN and altered there in some way, can it be exported, e.g. in order to load it into Little Navmap?

Maybe it's a good idea to make my troublesome flightplan public. As noted, it can be imported into my GTN, but activation fails for whatever reason (TERM). Actually, this is a toy example, right, but its fms-equivalent was successfully used in a GNS430/530. Please find here that LOWG_LOWG.gfp from above - maybe someone has a sudden brainstorm!

FPN/RI:F:LOWG:F:N46521E015273:F:N46507E015246:F:N46493E015245:F:N46483E015261:F:N46491E015282:F:LOWG

(Note, this gfp was created by loading the fms into Little Navmap and using its export-save-as-GARMIN-function.)