Sign in to follow this  
Aussieflyer38

Couple from recent flight

Don,

It may well be a painful way to post pics but you have done well mate.

Can you tell us where you are flying out of and to please?

regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

21 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Don,

It may well be a painful way to post pics but you have done well mate.

Can you tell us where you are flying out of and to please?

regards

Tony

Sure Tony, sorry about that, Narita RJAA to Kansai RJBB. I'll get it together eventually 😀

Thanks mate.... makes you somewhat of a traitor LOL

Why not take advantage of the huge, and I mean, HUGE, number of Australian sceneries and airports made by the 3 or 4 hundred payware developers, all, exclusively devoting their efforts to Australia????

Tongue in cheek of course mate, I try to fly exclusively in OZ but it is getting awfully boring in all platforms lately.

Anyway, well done 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Aussieflyer in Japan....🙂...Nice shots!

And, your ORIG/DEST (RJAA to RJBB) is an interesting choice...

8 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Thanks mate.... makes you somewhat of a traitor LOL

Why not take advantage of the huge, and I mean, HUGE, number of Australian sceneries and airports made by the 3 or 4 hundred payware developers, all, exclusively devoting their efforts to Australia????

Tongue in cheek of course mate, I try to fly exclusively in OZ but it is getting awfully boring in all platforms lately.

Anyway, well done 

Tony

Thanks Tony. I fly a lot in Oz, have most of ORBX and OZx airports. I can't post any sceneries not developed by ORBX there, as you would know, so when I want a change I fly China, Japan, Arab Emirates etc. Also I've been having major problems with ORBX AUv2 loading times, particularly YBCG, YBBN and YMML.  I never had any problems with AUv1, it seems to relate to the amount or density of the detail, and I'm not alone, a lot of the guys are having the same problems, except the ones with high end systems.  I probably rate a middle for systems - S1151Core i5 9600k 3.7Ghz 6 Core 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, it seems to     be okay with most stuff, Aerosoft, Fly Tampa, etc but not with ORBX AUv2. Their software outside of that seems okay - San Diego, Palm Springs etc. The smaller airports are okay, I live up the road from YAMB, it loads fine as do others, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour. Thanks for taking the time mate....goodonya.😁

Don  

4 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Aussieflyer in Japan....🙂...Nice shots!

And, your ORIG/DEST (RJAA to RJBB) is an interesting choice...

Thanks mate, I have quite a few Asian destinations, quite a few I haven't flown yet, I have a bad habit of getting side tracked, so much to get into in flight simming. Today I flew my QW 787 - RCTP/ZSAM, bloody sim bombed on final, don't you  hate that. 😡 Actually it's the aircraft not the sim, had problems with it from day one. Flew it again tonight in a more reliable Aircraft 737 beautiful. Pics tomorrow - bed right now.

Don

Don,

I have not bothered with AU2 in any way shape or form. I have most of ORBX AU sceneries and airports. To tell the truth, I am very very disappointed in their efforts.  none of my taxiways or runways have any real definition, although the buildings etc are quite good.  I contacted ORBX last December and was told that it was a "resolution" problem (I believe it was inferred that it was my "resolution" that was inferred) I was advised that they would look further into it, but, as I have yet to hear back from them. I assume that the problem is not looming large on their calendar. 

So I muddle onwards, accepting the little reward I get from paying hard-earned money to ORBX. 

I have ordered a new CPU, Motherboard, and RAM and hopefully these components will be installed some time this coming week. I am not expecting any real difference with ORBX but I live in hope and I certainly will not reinvest any money with ORBX for any sceneries if there is no improvement with the new system.

The sad thing is that if we take ORBX out of the equation we have one, repeat, one payware scenery (YPPH) and some rather excellent VOX and Ant freeware sceneries to my knowledge.  No doubt about it ... we are incredibly well catered for here in OZ 

England seems fairly well catered for (other than ORBX) so I may start flying there. 

Having had my whinge, I am quite sure that there are lots of simmers (I think there are three or four of us LOL) who are, indeed very happy with the payware offerings for Australia and I have to say that AU2 certainly looks great.

I think I may have hijacked this thread so I so go now, with my head hung low.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hello again mate,

I believe (I know) they have acquired three PC24s and operate them in WA and SA. They also have 31 PC12s, 2 Kingair B300Cs and 30 Kingair B200 and 200Cs 

That makes a total of 66 aircraft but they claim a fleet of 71 ??????

The PC24 looks great though and should be a wonderful addition to the fleet

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Yep I fly it a lot, sweet machine. Never realised RFD had THAT many aircraft, last count I heard was in the forties. I hit Carenado up recently, to do the PC 24, I've got the 12, love it. Got a reply said it's in the pipeline but not scheduled as yet. Bummer!

Don