Sign in to follow this  
talghe

FPS dropping to 3

Hello,

My fps are between 3 and 7 from yesterday, and before my fps were at around at least 30. 

I really don't know what could be the problem. I installed all over again my simulator today, at the beginning it was working very good (between 25 and 50 fps), and suddenly it dropped to between 3 and 7 like yesterday. 

I am desperate and I really don't know what to do, so if someone could help me it would be great.

I have GTX 1070ti, with 16GB of RAM and I7 last generation.

The Addons I have:

ORBX products

ChasePlane

GSX

Tomato Reshade

FSUIPC

Active Sky

PMDG (B737)

I have tried to open the simulator after each install of one addon, and I haven't found which one may have caused that problem. I installed last FSUIPC, but it worked fine after opening the simulator, and after 5 minutes the fps dropped. I tried removing FSUIPC but didn't change anything

Hope someone know something about this issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

4 minutes ago, talghe said:

Hello,

My fps are between 3 and 7 from yesterday, and before my fps were at around at least 30. 

I really don't know what could be the problem. I installed all over again my simulator today, at the beginning it was working very good (between 25 and 50 fps), and suddenly it dropped to between 3 and 7 like yesterday. 

I am desperate and I really don't know what to do, so if someone could help me it would be great.

I have GTX 1070ti, with 16GB of RAM and I7 last generation.

The Addons I have:

ORBX products

ChasePlane

GSX

Tomato Reshade

FSUIPC

Active Sky

PMDG (B737)

I have tried to open the simulator after each install of one addon, and I haven't found which one may have caused that problem. I installed last FSUIPC, but it worked fine after opening the simulator, and after 5 minutes the fps dropped. I tried removing FSUIPC but didn't change anything

Hope someone know something about this issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

Possible hardware failing.

Check your sound driver settings or temporarely deselect your sound driver, run p3d4 and check your fps

51 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Possible hardware failing.

Which hardware?

12 minutes ago, Patjez said:

Check your sound driver settings or temporarely deselect your sound driver, run p3d4 and check your fps

I will try everything, but how can it be related to the sound?

To which sound driver are you refering?

I had a similar issue some time ago. Apparently two different sound drivers were installed. I deinstalled/disabled one of the two sound drivers and FPS went back to normal. Just my experience, but yeah it could be anything

20 minutes ago, talghe said:

Which hardware?

A few years ago on a previous build of mine. 
it was one of my ram sticks failing.

Edited by mikeymike

Patjez, you were right!! It was my headset which was causing problems, I don't know why, but at least you helped me a lot. Thank you a lot.

Edited by talghe