I have switched off all c states and HT 

all cores show 4.7ghz 

with a 1.23ghz V core 

and bios shows 1.24.

thoughts??

and is this a good chip at this V core
min planning to overclock to 5ghz all cores 

thanks 

Why c states off?  Doesn't that mean it will run with the OC full time?  I would think you only want it to do that when needed, then at idle ease back.  Less heat and less power consumption.  BTW, you probably will have better results moving this to the MOBO hardware forum. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

Why c states off?  Doesn't that mean it will run with the OC full time?  I would think you only want it to do that when needed, then at idle ease back.  Less heat and less power consumption.  BTW, you probably will have better results moving this to the MOBO hardware forum. 

If I turn them on, is there a possibly it will throttle down as I’m simming?? Thus causing 

lag/ stutters etc etc ?

thanks 

mike

I'm not an expert on this.  But I don't think that's the case. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You should also try CPUID HWMonitor , when I'm tweaking I run this along with P3D4.5 it gives you a full readout of your PC. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, mikeymike said:

How reliable is this source?

It can be very reliable.  The key is that we all use the same version (when updates are released, update!!).  The strengths of CPU-Z is that it is easy and quick to run, and as well shows both Single Core performance and Multi-Core Performance.  We could each learn a lot from each other about our systems if we had a database of CPU-Z scores like TechPowerUp

You really shouldn't disable your C states... no reason to have your system running in OC mode all the time.  Enable your system's power saving features, and then add a High Performance Power Plan to Windows that ramps up the OC.  When you're ready to fly simply change to the High Performance Plan from Balanced (the latter being the plan your system should be in when you're not simming).

HTH,

Greg

39 minutes ago, lownslo said:

It can be very reliable.  The key is that we all use the same version (when updates are released, update!!).  The strengths of CPU-Z is that it is easy and quick to run, and as well shows both Single Core performance and Multi-Core Performance.  We could each learn a lot from each other about our systems if we had a database of CPU-Z scores like TechPowerUp

You really shouldn't disable your C states... no reason to have your system running in OC mode all the time.  Enable your system's power saving features, and then add a High Performance Power Plan to Windows that ramps up the OC.  When you're ready to fly simply change to the High Performance Plan from Balanced (the latter being the plan your system should be in when you're not simming).

HTH,

Greg

Thank you. I guess I’ll make the changes. 

CPUID HWMonitor will show you all cores clocks usage and temps, fan speeds PC voltage GPU usage and speed temps and much more.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

CPUID HWMonitor will show you all cores clocks usage and temps, fan speeds PC voltage GPU usage and speed temps and much more.

Just reset pc, downloaded HWMonitor 

and kept HT for now

all is working well.

cpu vcore showing 1.2 at its max freq 

is that a good chip?

thank you 

On 11/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, mikeymike said:

Just reset pc, downloaded HWMonitor 

and kept HT for now

all is working well.

cpu vcore showing 1.2 at its max freq 

is that a good chip?

thank you 

Not really, but you also can't go by auto voltage.  Most motherboards will configure vCore to run at a higher value than your CPU actually requires.  Try setting 5GHz with 1.2V and see if it boots.  If not, try 1.25.  If not, try increasing by .01V increments up to 1.30V until it boots.  My 9900k needs 1.28V for 24x7 stability at 5GHz on all cores.  

On 11/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, TechguyMaxC said:

Not really, but you also can't go by auto voltage.  Most motherboards will configure vCore to run at a higher value than your CPU actually requires.  Try setting 5GHz with 1.2V and see if it boots.  If not, try 1.25.  If not, try increasing by .01V increments up to 1.30V until it boots.  My 9900k needs 1.28V for 24x7 stability at 5GHz on all cores.  

Ok thanks,will try