Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Check this out, PMDG to MSFS!

13 minutes ago, sightseer said:

- It appears to me that the latest episode on aerodynamics was delayed slightly  

- Im still waiting for more words from more of them. 

- Is the $140 price tag due to an MS cut?    

- it is not on the 14th anymore ?

- Today Scott Gentile from A2A made a 20-odd lines post explaining why  A2A has not released a plane in two years to say...nothing about the topic  of the day :laugh:

- the idea has crossed my mind too  😏

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

39 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Is the $140 price tag due to an MS cut? 

17 minutes ago, domkle said:

- the idea has crossed my mind too  😏

The only knowledge we have is that Microsoft previously let it be known that they were unhappy that their only revenue stream came from the sales of the base flight sim.
We also know that they tried to get 3PDs to sign-up to some onerous T&Cs and asked 3PDs to pay a large per-unit license fee on all of their products in MS Flight.

If all developers start charging ~40% more in MSFS than their current P3D prices, it would suggest, but not confirm, that Microsoft may be requiring a cut.
Obviously, working with a new SDK, re-writing of code, re-modelling, re-texturing, is a lot of work, but a lot of developers are used to transitioning from FSX to P3D and even into XP without a large percentage increase in prices.

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

Im willing to pay about $70 but thats about it.

If prices are much higher than they are now, I may find myself being a lot more reliant on default, with only a very few select 3rd party purchases.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

The only knowledge we have i 

I agree with you its too early to say anything but I thought of it as Dave did. I doubt that Randazzo would have announced a price without some knowledge of what MS is demanding. The markup could actually cover both a fee to Redmont and all the new work necessary to rebuilt the 737 in a whole new environment.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam