Sign in to follow this  
robschofield

[Resolved] Raven Embraer aircraft

Simbol

I have had a look through the aircraft.cfg's for the Raven Embraer aircraft, and can't see any obvious SDK non-compliance having been through the SDK.

I am using Jan Martin's replacement FDE's for these aircraft, and all of the other ones of his that I use on other AI aircraft seem compliant with light displaying as intended in AIRLP.

Are you happy to take a look at the .cfg if I ping it over?

Regards

Rob

15 minutes ago, robschofield said:

Simbol

I have had a look through the aircraft.cfg's for the Raven Embraer aircraft, and can't see any obvious SDK non-compliance having been through the SDK.

I am using Jan Martin's replacement FDE's for these aircraft, and all of the other ones of his that I use on other AI aircraft seem compliant with light displaying as intended in AIRLP.

Are you happy to take a look at the .cfg if I ping it over?

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, send them via email and with a Link to Raven so I can download and test myself.

If there is an issue with the .CFG I will let you know and If there is any adjustment necessary to AILRP I will do so too.

All the best,
Simbol

* UPDATE *

Ok it seems RAVEN AI was also trying to implement their own solution for certain things regarding the lighting. They have different type of models, one of them use the P3D V4 SDK recommendations while the others use custom implementations that are outside of P3D SDK guidelines.

In order to make things work please follow these steps:

1. Open your Aicraft.cfg file
  2. Change all repaint models to OW (remove _rev3)

[fltsim.0]
    title=RAI Embraer E170NW RPA Delta Connection opb Republic
    sim=RFS_E17X
    model=OW
    texture=RPA Delta Connection
    atc_id=N815MD
    atc_airline=BRICKYARD
    atc_flight_number=
    ui_manufacturer=RAI
    ui_type=Embraer E170
    ui_variation=Delta Connection opb Republic
    description=Embraer E170NW RPA Delta Connection opb Republics :: Repaint by Kyle Meeks
    atc_parking_types=GATE
    atc_parking_codes=DALX

3. Repeat for all repaints.
  4. Save your config file.

Please note every time you open the Rave Configuration Console

jj9xrWK.png

All the settings on the Aircraft.cfg will be changed and the model file will be replaced again, such will have a custom implementation of lighting outside of P3D V4 SDK scope. And therefore you will need to do all the steps above again or the landing lights will be missing again.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

The Raven AI planes have installers now? I just added the folders manually to my Airplanes AI database.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The Raven AI planes have installers now? I just added the folders manually to my Airplanes AI database.

It has a configuration tool.. but it always set the .MDL that uses their custom lighting arrangements which are not as per P3D SDK instructions.. this is what is causing the OP landing lights to go missing.

S.

I do not recall seeing the Raven AI planes without landing lights, but I will check that out.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Simbol

Using the original model makes them work. None of the P3Dv4 model variants seem to work, even the ones with the splash as opposed to the dynamic lighting. Rev3 use a different texture set, so a bit of converting back to do!

Regards

Rob

• Upvote 1