Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Default Aircraft

I honestly have zero desire to fly default a/c. I would hope that they make a few various a/c to be used but focused all the rest of their time in the environment and features that pilots will fly in and need and let the addon companies make the planes. I know the passion of A2A to deliver a great product and continued support via updates. Majestic is another great developer. This company PMDG once made a great JetStream addon but they have since abandoned it. Hopefully with this new sim they will resurface and develop a new one for it.

I am excited that they are putting in the Carbon Cub and Icon in the sim just to fool around in until we get ones from 3PD's. Them also working with TBM gives hope that we will see huge improvements in how tprops are done making it easier for comapnies like Majestic, Aerosoft with their Twin Otter and once again the Jetstream.  

40 minutes ago, Ident said:

I honestly have zero desire to fly default a/c.

You aren't alone, as there are others who would prefer to get 3rd party ones, however many people (myself included) especially when you take newcomers into consideration, have little or no desire to spend a small fortune buying extras.  For that reason, it would be beneficial to have good quality aircraft included as part of the product.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

The default aircraft are going to be the ambassadors of the product, especially for people who have never touched a flight sim before this one, so they need to be both good, and approachable. 

From the list we've got so far, it looks like they've got a good set for that, even if they may not have the specific aircraft I want to fly.

The TBM 900 in particular, was, I think, an excellent choice, from its combination of looks, performance, and capabilities, while still being a single engined prop that can land pretty much anywhere. I think it's going to be one of the planes a lot of new players will gravitate towards when they first fire up the game, and if it feels like getting behind the wheel of a BMW 7-series every time they hit play, they are going to keep coming back.

And if they keep coming back, they're eventually going to start looking at all the rest of the buttons and wonder what they do too...