Sign in to follow this  
Freo

Hall effect tiller

I want to build a steering tiller for my PMDG 737NGX, and am considering using a Hall Effect Sensor, Have found one which seems suitable  # 6127V180L.5. it has a 180 deg.position. & 4.5 to 5.5 V input. I have built them before using ordinary pots, but they are not stable enough and dont seem to hold their position very well. Has anybody used these sensors before, and would it be suitable ?

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

They will work fine so long as you keep in mind that they will not give a total 0-5v voltage swing. The resolution therefore is not a true 0-1024 bit. More like 0- 950. Calibration will take care of the difference. This hall sensor does not have mechanical end points, and you may need some gearing.

tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply, will look into it.

Cheers

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,