Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Anyone find FS-X in Canada ?

>Cheers from the turn into the CYVR Localizers....North Delta. :-)I'm just east of you--at the beginnings of Cloverdale, on the way to CYNJ. I wonder how many of us are here in the Fraser Valley? It might be fun to try to meet....

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

>>Cheers from the turn into the CYVR Localizers....North>Delta. :-)>>I'm just east of you--at the beginnings of Cloverdale, on the>way to CYNJ. I wonder how many of us are here in the Fraser>Valley? It might be fun to try to meet....Yeah,I'm out in Coquitlam, maybe we can see how many people would be interested then meet somewhere. A school, or community ctr. maybe?

\Robert Hamlich/

Even for coffee somewhere.Do either of you read the CASN Canadian Aviation Spotter Network Yahoopage?I'm just assembling a mast for a new discone antenna...gotta keep that scanner running for the YVR ops. :-)FaxCap

Guest jtfortin

Best Buy and Future Shop in Coquitlam right across the street from each other has both versions. I got my at best buy because I had 2 best buy bucks from the McD game. So I paid $88 after tax with a free 10 gift card for FSX deluxe.

Guest Len

Future Shop Winnipeg. $79 Deluxe ed. Just bought it.

Guest DK8290

I saw both versions in Halifax (Bayers Lake) Futureshop yesterday so I got the deluxe version. I almost didn't check as I didn't think they would have it for sale yet but I was pleasantly surprised.

>Even for coffee somewhere.>>Do either of you read the CASN Canadian Aviation Spotter>Network Yahoo>page?>>I'm just assembling a mast for a new discone antenna...gotta>keep that >scanner running for the YVR ops. :-)>>FaxCap> Coffee sounds good... meet at Starbucks on No. 3 Rd. in Richmond and head over to watch what's coming in at YVR. No I've not heard of CASN, but will check it out, thanks. So is the scanner used for CASN?

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Calb

Abbotsford, Old Yale at Clearbook, 1/2 mi east of approach path to Rwy19 with a clear view from my 6th floor condo. Over 1500 hrs volunteer time at CMF @ CYNJQuestion: what's "tricky" about memory for the A8N-SLI? I have one, w/2Gb but NEVER had a CTD. Just upgraded to 64 X2 4600+ and a 7950GX2. Was a 64 4000+ and 6800GT. Not a huge improvement but somewhat better.CalCYXX

>Best Buy and Future Shop in Coquitlam right across the street>from each other has both versions. I got my at best buy>because I had 2 best buy bucks from the McD game. So I paid>$88 after tax with a free 10 gift card for FSX deluxe. Where did you get the $10 gift card?

\Robert Hamlich/

>Coffee sounds good... meet at Starbucks on No. 3 Rd. in>Richmond and head over to watch what's coming in at YVR.Or just meet at the end of 26R...lots of parking....prefer the "heavies" to the lighter traffic on 26L. :-)>So is>the scanner used for CASN?Nope....just have it running while I'm on the PC.FaxCap

>Question: what's "tricky" about memory for the A8N-SLI?In the first 3-4 months after the Asus A8N-SLI first came out shopslike NCIX and A-Power were getting a lot of feedback about RAMproblems on these boards. They advised sticking to the RAM compatibility list on the Asus web site. Later revisions of this board must be more stable with a wider variety of RAM.>Just upgraded to 64 X2 4600+>and a 7950GX2. Was a 64 4000+ and 6800GT. Not a huge>improvement but somewhat better.I also just swapped out a 4000+ for an X2 4600+! I kept my 7800GT.I just read Microsoft is telling it's gaming "partners" Vista will be 10% to 15% slowing on gaming than XP. Score ONE for keeping XP! :-)FaxCap

Guest YukonPete

Staples in Whitehorse Yukon only has the standard fsx. I was just there and they had about 10 copies on the shelf.

Guest Paul Heaney

Future Shop in Mississauga, Dixie and Dundas, had a few Deluxe editions, and about 20 Standard when I bought my copy this aft.