Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

My local Wal Mart had it until I screwed things up!!!

Guest nigel28

So I checked my local Wal Mart here in Atlanta based on the reports I read yesterday about Wal Marts stocking FSX and sure enough there was one on the shelf. Wellllll, I picked it up took it to the front and it kept scanning "sell not allowed". The cashier called the supervisor over and the supervisor said "we cant sell this to you yet and it shouldnt have been on the shelf". In my "gotta have FSX now" rage, I told them that it was on the shelf, I want to buy it, its not my fault they put it out, sell it to me. Finally, they decided to sell it to me but they pulled the rest off of the shelf.So, Wal Mart in Atlanta on Highway 9 in Alpharetta HAD it until I showed up. Sorry guys!!

Bummer.. I believe I can feel your pain ;) It's interesting that when I picked up the Deluxe version last evening at the Highway 92 WalMart in Woodstock the cashier had a bit of trouble ringing it up but she did a couple things and voila... it registared as a sale!I see elsewhere that EB Games may have upped their release date to the 10th (next Tuesday). The Town Center EB Games will have an extra reserved copy on hand since I already picked one up at WalMart.DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest nigel28

see, now I am moving out to Woodstock next week to a neighborhood that is VERY close to the Wal Mart that you got yours at however, being stuck in Alpharetta I only had this one to go to. If only we had closed on the house last week I wouldnt have caused so much trouble!!

I look forward to having another flight sim enthusiast in the area. Welcome to Woodstock!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest nigel28

thanks!! Housing is so much better out here than in Alpharetta. I have to take apart my computer desk, etc.. next week so I get to play with FSX for just the weekend then I wont be able to play until next weekend. Maybe I should've waited for the real release but, when I am flying at 3 am tonight for my 8th straight hour, I will realize why I threw my tantrum today!!

Guest archtx

Did they have both versions?

Guest nigel28

yes they had both but, only the standard version was in its placeholder. The deluxe was on the back of the bottom shelf to the left of it.(this is where they store the overstock or where they put things that dont have placeholders yet)

Until just a few months ago I lived about 4 miles from that store. I'm glad I'm not still living in Alpharetta or I'd really be sad :-) . Living here in central Florida is like being in the Dark Ages as far as shopping goes. I was in the Leesburg Walmart today and asked about FSX. The "dude" at the game counter told me there wasn't any new version coming out until next year (he even checked with his manager) but told me they had 2 copies of FS2004 left on the shelf and I could have one of those for $14.95. Sigh...sometimes Alpharetta looks awfully good inspite of the traffic. (But, I really do miss the restaurants).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest nigel28

why the move all the way to florida?? the traffic is soo bad here with all the construction on 400 it doesnt help.

Guest lkhsu

I check 3 Walmart(Pleasant Hill Rd., Cobb Pkwy, and Conyer) so far, only have the standard version.

Guest possum

Crap the same thing happened to me, except I didn't push. I guess I should have though!

Guest Paul Heaney

Way to go, Look out for yourself, throw a fit, and ruin it for all else. Nice.Oh and post about it too, to make yourself look even better. Nicer.

It's way too cold in the winter up there. The traffic here isn't too bad. I traded my car for a golf cart and haven't noticed any congestion on either course :-) .DougEdited 'cause I can't spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest jrboddie

Hey! I live off of Sixes Road.We could start a club!

Guest TRK3586

I called my local Walmart the other day and got "No we don't have it." I said "Well, I was told that Walmart doesn't need to honor release dates necessarily so will it be on the shelf when you get them?" "Technically we don't need to follow release dates, but this store does"Called last night "Yup, we got it, they're on the shelf"Hmmm...I'm not complaining