Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Thank you for opening this sub-forum!

I would like to thank the mods for opening this new sub-forum. Finally VR enthusiasts can discuss VR related matters without having them dispersed among frivolous posts, or ruined by anti-VR people. An entire sub-forum like this (in addition to confirming VR importance for the new MFS) also makes it easier for ASOBO to follow users suggestions or ideas in a much better way! 😉

• Like 2

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

I actually do not see a point in this exclusive forum as VR has been confirmed to be part of the sim, just like weather or ortho scenery. Should we have exclusive forums for that as well?

Decisions such as these only help to divide the community further. 

• Upvote 5

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

unfortunatelly it was time, this was not possible in the standard forum,

now we have our exlusive VIP Lounge, i like it!

here we can discuss about everything VR related in FS2020

without being disturbed by VR haters. 😉

• Upvote 1

Years ago I tried the rift v1 and it was terrible! Haven't tried or owned anything vr since (still trackir) but I did see the future then......

Will only use new fs in vr with a headset with at least 200 degrees fov and/or foveated eye tracking at 8k per screen.

Devs are working towards these specs so I'm hoping at fs release maybe.... 

17 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I actually do not see a point in this exclusive forum as VR has been confirmed to be part of the sim, just like weather or ortho scenery. Should we have exclusive forums for that as well?

No we shouldn't, because VR is more important and deserves its own subforum. And Asobo can track VR discussions much better.

Where anti-VR people see the segregation they desired, let's see it instead as an exclusive lounge we obtained. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

16 hours ago, Murmur said:

No we shouldn't, because VR is more important and deserves its own subforum. And Asobo can track VR discussions much better.

Where anti-VR people see the segregation they desired, let's see it instead as an exclusive lounge we obtained. 😉

so true 👍

some VR related threads are still in the main forum and people allready moaning and want it removed as fast as possible 😁

Edited by Nedo68

On 11/30/2019 at 6:23 AM, Murmur said:

An “exclusive lounge” would be fine, as long as we’re free to post VR-related content in the main forum as well. That doesn’t seem to be the case at the present time, as posts discussing VR in the primary forum are being shifted here. Segregation is usually not a good thing. VR is a core feature of all other major flight sims in 2019 - x-plane, p3d, fs2, dcs - and there’s no need to relegate it’s discussion to a specific area.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 11/29/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nedo68 said:

here we can discuss about everything VR related in FS2020

without being disturbed by VR haters. 😉

Ha, good luck with that!

the post immediately after yours states:

”Will only use new fs in vr with a headset with at least 200 degrees fov and/or foveated eye tracking at 8k per screen”

That’s a bit like saying “i will only use the new sim if it includes all current aircraft in the world, 6 seasons and runs at 1,000 FPS”.

The point that a lot of us have tried to make - and it is useful for the broader community, not just vr enthusiasts - is that the tech is available right now for a great VR experience.

The only recent flightsim that decided to leave out VR support was Flightsim World. How is that going?

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."