Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Is there a public beta and a final demo or are they the same thing

I uninstalled FS9 to concentrate on getting a new job. I got one and now I want to fly. I figured that I would install the latest demo/beta to get my by until my free FSX copy arrives from AVSIM.People seem to be calling the demo a beta. Is there actually a public beta or is it the same thing as the final demo that is at file planet.If there is something other than the final demo at file planet, please let me know where it is.Thanks

There is a public beta out there and the final demo at Microsoft that changed the aircraft and fixed some of the bugs with new code.

Yes there is a beta as well at file planet. This is seperate from the Demo.But now, its outdated. No point in getting this.There are two versions of the demo. The one you could download from Microsoft site is the latest Demo. You could download it and try it out. Its a very good representation of the retail version.But since FSX is out/almost out.. its better to get the retail version in a week or two. JMO.Manny