Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamBlack

C170BX 1.2 starter switch not working?

Hey y'all, picked this great aircraft up on sale this weekend and I love it!!

One question though, I can't seem to find a clickable area to start the aircraft, the starter button is there but there seems to be no way for me to click it.

Could this be a bad install or download, is it just me? Right now I have version 1.2

thanks.

Rob Comfort

Just picked up this aircraft as well on the Christmas sale and am enjoying it.

Don't try using the black "push to start" button. Don't know why that is labeled the way it is as it is not clickable and can be confusing.

The starter knob is located next to the mixture knob. It is white and you can either mouse click it or use the mouse wheel. I am using P3D v. 3.4xx

Enjoy

The label 'push to start' is located below the (non functional) starter circuit breaker. Don't think it's confusing since it's quite obvious that this is a CB and not a non-labelled switch. On some aircraft it's quite common to pull the CB to remove the power from certain components.

The starter, as raymie pointed out, is next to the mixture lever and is labelled STARTER PULL (left mouse click) 

Edited by FDEdev

10 hours ago, JimBeamBlack said:

time to fly!!

Flying tip. The perfect three pointer will occur just when the stall warning comes on. Small sweet spot, but rewarding when you achieve it. 

Edited by FDEdev

Thanks for the tip regarding the three pointer landing.

One thing I have noticed and am curious about--on takeoff I normally allow the tail to automatically raise up as takeoff (IAS) speed increases, yet with this aircraft it seems like as the tail raises, main wheels are already off the runway surface and the aircraft is in a climb out. I am using one notch of flaps. On other "tail draggers" I have experienced the tail raising off the ground with a continued ground roll on the main wheels then liftoff.

Looks like you are flying with the default loadout.

Neutral trim is set so that climb with 0 flaps and the default loadout stabilizes at VY = 78kts.

You can of course push the yoke forward (or trim nose down) to get the tail up earlier , but the flight manual mentions to keep the tail low during the whole takeoff run.

If you fly e.g. at MTOW (no baggage) the tail will come up at approx 50kts and she will stay on the runway until ~80kts, but at the low default weight she will already unstick at around 50kts.

If it's not a very short runway you usually don't use the flaps for takeoff.

This one (both front seats occupied) nicely shows how the 170 takes off in an almost three point attitude:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l35jQbTSDzY

Hope this helps,

Bernt

Edited by FDEdev

Thanks for your very helpful reply and the youtube link. Yes, I am flying with the default load out. Will check the trim position and no flaps.

Raymie