Sign in to follow this  
KFXE

Searching Forums for keywords

Hello,

Is there a way to search specific forums?

For example, I do not want to search for the term "quiet" in all forums, but ONLY in the Radar Contact Support Forum.

So far, I can't find a way to do this.

How whould this be accomplished?

Thanks

Have you tried typing in the forum name first then the keyword?  Example... Radar Contact quiet

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

This type of forum can be set up to allow that but apparently, the

Avsim forum administrators have decided not to enable that feature.

Here is a forum using the same software, clicking on the S of Search

produces this menu.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

To search in just the Radar Contact forum, go to the Radar Contact Forum and then conduct the search.  The search will only search the Radar Contact Forum.  The AVSIM Forum Administrator has no control whatsoever on what can be enabled/disabled in searches.  This is done by the AVSIM Tech and it is enabled/disabled based on his priorities.  A lot of topics/posts regarding Radar Contact was also posted in the FSX/FS9 Forums.  If you need further assistance, please let me know.  The AVSIM Forum Administrator, Bob Scott is currently relatives around the USA and not available most of the time.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,

thanks, I see that this works.

Unfortunately, each time an attempt to select the next page of search results is made,

a screen like this appears instead.

8.jpg

Looking at the search options, I think that your AVSIM Forum Administrator has set it to the recommendation for a very busy forum, as this is.

That is also probably the best reason to leave it as it is and have the search option tied to the forums instead.

I had not realised that your title of Administrator did not mean that you had administrative access.

Edited by Reader

AVSIM has had a long period of time where the site has been uncomfortably slow. One moment the site would be super fast, the next moment super slow. My theory, which has yet to be proven, was that there was a lot of searches going on, especially with the announcements about MSFS.  Searches use a lot of resources so I extended the seconds before one member could begin another search.  Moved the number of searches to every 20 seconds.  So far the site has been faster making it easier for members and guests to browse the various forums.  I got a similar message yesterday.  The AVSIM Tech may have made some modifications too that limits the search results going to the next page.  When you have over 1000 members searching and browsing the site at one time, you should expect some anomalies to appear. I do not know if you have seen other sites, FS Simulation or non-FS, that has this amount of people on the site at one time.  You just cannot use the default settings so one must experiment. This whole experience with the site suddenly becoming slow has been troublesome to the Moderator Team too.

I will pass your 13 second issue to the AVSIM Tech and make sure there is not some other issue causing it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10