Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

ENVSHADE ENVTEX ASCA TOO BRIGHT

Anybody else have this issue with this combination in stormy weather??

i suspect low level clouds should be darker? 

cheers

mike

Is that above clouds or below clouds?  Can you post a screenshot?  I am using ASCA with Envshade/Envtex.

1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

Is that above clouds or below clouds?  Can you post a screenshot?  I am using ASCA with Envshade/Envtex.

Low level clouds, won’t be on my pc for a couple days. Will post a screen shot when I do.

i mean it does look like light grey white.

but for instance if there was a storm brewing 

it should be a darker grey  with darker shadows??

cheers

mike

On 12/10/2019 at 10:06 PM, Afterburner said:

nvm

i has  to change via envtex settings 

which sucks, shouldn’t cumulus clouds change dynamically and get darker during certain weather conditions?

cheers

mike

Show me a pic

What's too bright mean?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Show me a pic

What's too bright mean?

Hey,

not on  my pc at the moment.

though the cumulus  low clouds bright white.

i did go back into envtex and changed true setting to 2 and 3  and that did change it a little darker shade of grey.

now depending on the weather, for instance if a storm is brewing the clouds should get dark a lot darker.

which it doesn’t seem to do so.

cheers

mike

Again, post a picture as soon as you will have the opportunity, and also post your P3D shadow settings. Otherwise, I don't know how bright is too bright.

https://ibb.co/d0fjQBm

here is a pic not too far from my place.

real pic of how clouds look.

thou when I set it up in envtex and asca 

the grey does not look anywhere near as close.

i haven’t been able to get time to get on my pc to compare.

but I will soon thou.

Edited by Jim Young - Link is dead.

I know I always thought my HDR settings were messed up as the clouds always appeared very bright so I kept HDR turned off.  Then, the other day I was driving and looked up in the sky and saw exactly the same really bright clouds the HDR displays.  So, HDR is very accurate (try default settings).  Even though it is very accurate, I keep it turned off as it is so bright it gives me no enjoyment and I feel sorry for the real world pilots who have to put up with these bright clouds as they have no way of turning them off.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 minute ago, Jim Young said:

I feel sorry for the real world pilots who have to put up with these bright clouds as they have no way of turning them off.

Nothing a good pair of Oakleys won't fix.  😃

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I know I always thought my HDR settings were messed up as the clouds always appeared very bright so I kept HDR turned off.  Then, the other day I was driving and looked up in the sky and saw exactly the same really bright clouds the HDR displays.  So, HDR is very accurate (try default settings).  Even though it is very accurate, I keep it turned off as it is so bright it gives me no enjoyment and I feel sorry for the real world pilots who have to put up with these bright clouds as they have no way of turning them off.

Yes, depending on the weather conditions 

for the most part during the day the  cumulus clouds are very bright.

but as the pic shows mentioned above. 
how does envtex or asca not depict similar deeper darker grey.

i am also using hdr settings with envshade.

ive noticed in some videos that sky force does a good job of that?

or am I missing something in settings?

thanks

mike

I only use the default shaders that come with P3D.  REX is having a sale right now so might be the time to try it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10