Sign in to follow this  
jlund

[Answered] AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control

There is this AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control  button on the home page and it just says you won't reveal too much about it, but can't you tell a little bit about what it will do (faster runway exits, more natural braking of ai so it won't stop almost before the first exit, etc. etc.?) and maybe how long you are in the development?

Jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

3 minutes ago, jlund said:

There is this AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control  button on the home page and it just says you won't reveal too much about it, but can't you tell a little bit about what it will do (faster runway exits, more natural braking of ai so it won't stop almost before the first exit, etc. etc.?) and maybe how long you are in the development?

Jlund

Hi Jlund,

It is still in development, I am waiting for the MS2020 SDK in order to decide the full scope of the project for P3D and MS.

More information will be available next year when the situation is much clearer.

Thanks for your interest.

Simbol

• Like 2

Has there been any progress in the meantime?

Thanks.

Edited by thepilot

1 minute ago, thepilot said:

Has there been any progress in the meantime?

Thanks.

Some but not very much.. the MS SDK is still under development so I am still waiting to know what MS final plans are going to be on this regard, etc.

S.

I wasn't too impressed with the IFR episode to say the least so I am glad to hear developers are bringing themselves in position with ATC/AI traffic products for MSFS.

Edited by thepilot

2 minutes ago, thepilot said:

I wasn't too impressed with the IFR episode to say the least so I am glad to hear developers are bringing themselves in position with ATC/AI traffic products for MSFS.

Please not we still don't know what we would be able to fully do..

S.

I guess that also depends on how good/advanced the features of MSFS will be in the final product.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:50 PM, simbol said:

Some but not very much.. the MS SDK is still under development so I am still waiting to know what MS final plans are going to be on this regard, etc.

S.

Hi Simbol, 

Since the release of MS2020, have you continued the development of this for P3D or can you advise otherwise please? 

Many thanks!

Matt

21 hours ago, mattius123 said:

Hi Simbol, 

Since the release of MS2020, have you continued the development of this for P3D or can you advise otherwise please? 

Many thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt,

I placed this on hold until MS2020 was released in the hope their SDK would allow me to build this for MSFS as well. However at this point in time their SDK still remain very incomplete.

In the other side of the coin, sales for P3D were dramatically affected since the news of MSFS and I am at a stage where I don't know were things are going.. being totally honest with you, feeding my family is first and I had to take many extra jobs to compensate for this situation which inevitable caused me being more away from my FS developing time..

Lately there seems to be an influx of users returning to P3D, however sales haven't returned yet to pre-MSFS levels..

So there is lot's of uncertainly in the flight sim market, in way way my hands are tied since the MSFS SDK is not ready for the types of add-on's I develop, and in the other hand other platforms market has been shred to pieces..

For this reason, this project will remain on hold and my plans are:

• Finish projects regarding Immersion Packages for P3D. This is in conjunction with my partner //42. These are projects that were in the roadmap and need to be completed in order to bring some revenue to my business.

• Wait 3 to 6 months to see if MS will eventually respond to my request to work with then to improve their SDK in terms of functionality for effects and AI traffic. I have been asking for a very long time but I keep getting no response..

• Wait 3 to 6 months to see how the P3D market continues to develop itself.

My hope is after 3 to 6 months there will be a clearer path ahead of where things are going, most likely I will re-take the project and complete it for P3D only.. however as you must understand my priority will always be being able to feed my family, pay my mortgage, my bills and allow my family to survive these mad times we live in (both in sim world and real world with a pandemic that will last for years). 

Regarding current products, they will remind fully supported as I value my customers more than anything, so nobody has anything to worry about.. I will keep providing updates for AI Lights Reborn Pro for free as I have always done.. I will also continue to work 100% committed with //42, including supporting any products already delivered and as I mentioned I am working to delivere some more.

I understand this is not probably the answer you were hoping for, but I hope you understand my position and appreciate my total honestly on this matter.

Kind regards,

Simbol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/21/2020 at 5:55 PM, simbol said:

Hi Matt,

I placed this on hold until MS2020 was released in the hope their SDK would allow me to build this for MSFS as well. However at this point in time their SDK still remain very incomplete.

In the other side of the coin, sales for P3D were dramatically affected since the news of MSFS and I am at a stage where I don't know were things are going.. being totally honest with you, feeding my family is first and I had to take many extra jobs to compensate for this situation which inevitable caused me being more away from my FS developing time..

Lately there seems to be an influx of users returning to P3D, however sales haven't returned yet to pre-MSFS levels..

So there is lot's of uncertainly in the flight sim market, in way way my hands are tied since the MSFS SDK is not ready for the types of add-on's I develop, and in the other hand other platforms market has been shred to pieces..

For this reason, this project will remain on hold and my plans are:

• Finish projects regarding Immersion Packages for P3D. This is in conjunction with my partner //42. These are projects that were in the roadmap and need to be completed in order to bring some revenue to my business.

• Wait 3 to 6 months to see if MS will eventually respond to my request to work with then to improve their SDK in terms of functionality for effects and AI traffic. I have been asking for a very long time but I keep getting no response..

• Wait 3 to 6 months to see how the P3D market continues to develop itself.

My hope is after 3 to 6 months there will be a clearer path ahead of where things are going, most likely I will re-take the project and complete it for P3D only.. however as you must understand my priority will always be being able to feed my family, pay my mortgage, my bills and allow my family to survive these mad times we live in (both in sim world and real world with a pandemic that will last for years). 

Regarding current products, they will remind fully supported as I value my customers more than anything, so nobody has anything to worry about.. I will keep providing updates for AI Lights Reborn Pro for free as I have always done.. I will also continue to work 100% committed with //42, including supporting any products already delivered and as I mentioned I am working to delivere some more.

I understand this is not probably the answer you were hoping for, but I hope you understand my position and appreciate my total honestly on this matter.

Kind regards,

Simbol

Thanks Simbol, I completely understand your reasoning on this matter and status. I will be patient and see how things will pan out in the future. 

All the best 

Matt 

• Like 1