Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

hungry little minx (A2A PBR C172 significant FPS drop)

Hello everyone,

I've recently switched from the F1 GTN750/650 to the RXP version(s) and I really like it so far. However I would like to let you now that I see a performance drop of 10FPS (!) compared to the F1 version. Usually having been able to fly in 4K at 40FPS the latest PBR implementations into my mostly used addons have kicked in a lot, now an addition 10FPS drop brings me down to 20FPS in the A2A Cessna.. that's almost not flyable anymore 😕

Thank you and merry remaining Christmas 😃

4 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Hello everyone,

I've recently switched from the F1 GTN750/650 to the RXP version(s) and I really like it so far. However I would like to let you now that I see a performance drop of 10FPS (!) compared to the F1 version. Usually having been able to fly in 4K at 40FPS the latest PBR implementations into my mostly used addons have kicked in a lot, now an addition 10FPS drop brings me down to 20FPS in the A2A Cessna.. that's almost not flyable anymore 😕

Thank you and merry remaining Christmas 😃

Something else is amiss. I have never experienced any performance drop since implementing the RXP GTN series. And I am running in a number of cases (2) RXP GTN 750s, or (2) RXP GTN 650s, or one of each, and I never flew multiples with the F1 products that I used previously.

Again, despite now running multiple RXP vs previous single F1 I see no performance drop.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yeah, I've tried some combinations of addons and effects and it seems thes FPS drop only happens with the A2A PBR C172. It's just fine in other addons so I guess I'll have to work with my system or bring it up in the A2A forum. 😃

Hi,

On 12/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, Ephedrin said:

I guess I'll have to work with my system or bring it up in the A2A forum.

I believe this is the best option at this time, and given it is fine with all other aircraft I'm sure this should be a simple fix.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, Ephedrin said:

I've recently switched from the F1 GTN750/650 to the RXP version(s) and I really like it so far

I thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts in this discussion which might help other people:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546054-swapped-f1-to-rxp-gtn750/

This is definitely something other customers are wondering like in this discussion as well:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/526688-gtn-750-flight-1-or-reality-xp/page/5/

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)