Sign in to follow this  

Boys & Girls!!

Hey,Just looking through the results of the demographic survey and the male/female split is very interesting!!!!!! I've always wondered why the whole aviation industry (even the simulated one!) is so male dominated.... Would be nice to have a few more gals to even it up a bit, both in real life & in simulation! I work for an airline and it would be nice to see a few more female flight crew :)Strange though - there are plenty of real world female ATCOs....Any thoughts?Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On the contrary, there are quite a few women who work for the aviation industry. It seems the majority of women are either cabin crew or work on the ground, like gate agents, and check-in agents, ramp agents, and what not. I think you're right about the flight deck being a mostly male area.Jeff

It's a long road to the flight deck of an airliner and women weren't recruited for the job until a few years ago.They are starting to trickle in but ask in schools what the children want to be when they grow up it's still the boys wanting to be pilots and the girls nurses or flight attendants.Each job is open to all, but why should we forcibly generate some theoretically correct percentage of women in jobs that women just are less interested in?