Sign in to follow this  
versus

REQ: FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES EPISODE 8 TRAFFIC AND ATC

Almost everything shown up to now looks incredibly good in FS2020. I hope MS is aiming for the product up to the high standards in every aspect with no important features being omitted. What often gets neglected, and has always been low priority of all the sims up to now, is ATC and Traffic, and ESPECIALLY their integration. Seems like every developer of FS looses steam at certain point, having thrown so much resources on other aspects, that these two ALWAYS come last and somehow get neglected badly and are left for the third party to patch it up (which never truly happens). Can we do things right this time MS and Asobo and finally do a proper job with no slacking in this aspect? Please show us that you are serious by doing "FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020 | FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES EPISODE 8| TRAFFIC AND ATC". It doesn't have to be soon. Do it once you are ready, but let us know that this product is dead serious in every aspect and that there will be no ifs and buts this time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Let's hope that MS/Asobo read this post and respond to your request and give us more info in a FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES EPISODE 8| TRAFFIC AND ATC 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I agree. These features are essential for the longevity of the product. While the graphics and other things are great, one can only fly alone in the world for so long.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Thank you for capatilising the title so that we know this is more important than anything else. 

Not sure if this was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment since I didn't see a smiley.

• Upvote 1

Regarding ATC I would be more than happy for there to be a new FSUIPCx and MakeRwys program that could generate the data for Radar Contact.

And the SDK should give all the info required for a 3rd party program to control Ai especially separation on approach and improved Ai handling enabling rapid exit after landing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Regarding ATC I would be more than happy for there to be a new FSUIPCx and MakeRwys program that could generate the data for Radar Contact.

And the SDK should give all the info required for a 3rd party program to control Ai especially separation on approach and improved Ai handling enabling rapid exit after landing.

While I agree with what your saying Ray, hopefully MS/Asobo might make the new Sim be able to achieve all of this without any third party app like FSUIPC etc (if this is possible) being needed, unless you have some insider info and know different than someone like me.

Bye the way Happy New Year to all of you, hopefully 2020 is going to be Flight Simulation's best ever year.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

@eaim, no insider knowledge I’m afraid, just educated guesswork. The production of an SDK should make developers’ lives easier for them to make their software work in MFS. And hopefully Microsoft will have looked at the shortcomings in FSX and won’t repeat them. Like poor Ai handling etc.

And I’ve always believed that whilst Microsoft will give us some form of ATC third party ones will always be superior.

Happy New Decade! 😁👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather