Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

(Feature Request) Choosing the kind of GPU at arrival

Hi,

I'd like to request a feature which I really miss when flying the NGXu and FS2Crew. And that is, that I am unable to choose what kind of GPU I want to connect on arrival (jetway GPU or GPU cart).

When I land, it always chooses the GPU option which was on departure, and I feel that this could be improved, because I don't have to necessarily go to the jetway stand again.

Is there any chance to add this option to the Approach briefing panel?.

Many thanks!

Jan Podlipsky

On 12/31/2019 at 4:51 AM, DarrianCZE said:

Hi,

I'd like to request a feature which I really miss when flying the NGXu and FS2Crew. And that is, that I am unable to choose what kind of GPU I want to connect on arrival (jetway GPU or GPU cart).

When I land, it always chooses the GPU option which was on departure, and I feel that this could be improved, because I don't have to necessarily go to the jetway stand again.

Is there any chance to add this option to the Approach briefing panel?.

Many thanks!

Hi Jan,

It's a cool idea but the problem is due to SDK limits we can't "read" what ground power type you have selected.

So we can have the FO press LSK 1, but all he'll do is blindly toggle the Ground Power type.

So if JETWAY is already selected, he'll wind up selecting GPU CART.

Best solution to this for you is to just manually pre-select the Ground Power Type you want in cruise on the Airplane Services Page in the FMC.

Cheers,

Edited by byork