Sign in to follow this  
daemotron

CTD when switching aircraft since 2.5.22

WIth the most recent update (2.5.22), I experience a CTD whenever I'm trying to switch from one aircraft to another, if the second one also makes use of the RXP GTN device. Switching to an aircraft without RXP (e. g. default C172) does work without CTD. On the aircraft loaded first, the RXP GTN can be used without issues. Complete removal and clean reinstallation (also of the Garmin software) did not solve the issue.

The complete log file is available here: https://pastebin.com/Kn5ArMnC

NB: When doing the same with Traffic Global not enabled, the final message of the log file is 

{This application has crashed because of the plugin: RealityXP.GTN}

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Hi,

it seems there are other reports like this in the forum lately, we'll investigate and report our findings. Thank you!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Update: I confirm there is a bug in the code introduced with the latest GTN and GNS V2 (on X-Plane only) which will be fixed in a point update ASAP.

This also has repercussions to the logic behind the "Connect GPS to XXX" settings.

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

47 minutes ago, TigerBen said:

Excellent product & excellent support. Thanks.

I thank you for your understanding and we are sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

• Like 1

I was a programmer and my rule was: There are no perfect programs, but defective tests.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Thank you for your excellent support. Things like this can happen; the way you deal with it you're setting an example for other devs to follow. Keep it up!

• Like 2

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Ever since upgrading to the latest version of RXP GTN 750 I have been getting the above message in my log.txt file whenever I change from one aircraft to another.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the GTN software and verified game files.  All game files verify.  I am running the steam version of X-Plane 11 version 11.41r1.  So looking for any suggestions.

Edited by jfwharton