Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

RXP replacement for F1 on the Milviz 310 Redux

What is the general procedure for replacing F1 with RXP GTNs? Do I install the F1 first and manually replace the F1 entries? Will I be able to fully integrate the RXP GTN in the Milviz's 310 Redux?  Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iwi45odve2hmki/RealityXP-1-21-2020 10-23-07 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9depvoax7yp3o7/RealityXP-MVAM-1-21-2020 10-31-58 PM.jpg?dl=0

Edited by RXP
New url

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Looks like you already succeeded....... ?  first dropbox link in your post?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@Frank Patton, thanks for chiming in but the buttons don't work. I can't get past that screen.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

4 hours ago, oneleg said:

@Frank Patton, thanks for chiming in but the buttons don't work. I can't get past that screen.

Can you pop up the GNT750 and proceed there?

The buttons (like Direct-to button) only work if you add some code..

• Like 1

Bert

Yes. I think so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19wooo3lpxyu6zr/rxpA-750 in window-1-22-2020 10-52-49 PM.jpg?dl=0

I'm a newbie, and I'm not sure what you mean by 'proceed there'.

By the way, how do I display the photo in the above link as an inline image in this forum (without having to post the link). The 'Insert image from URL' at the bottom right of this forum's window doesn't seem to work. So I simply pasted the link above Thanks.

Edited by oneleg
Added more details.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

rxpA-750%20in%20window-1-22-2020%2010-52

Instructions:
The link has by default this extension: ?dl=0
Replace this with ?raw=1 and this works.

More info:

?dl=0 takes you to the Dropbox preview page. It tries to display the file if possible. A .zip file will show a "Download" button.

?dl=1 forces a file to download (even an image file). It puts up the usual download panel.

?raw=1 forces the file to render in the browser. This replicates the behavior of the old Public Folder system. Except now EVERYONE can do it ( I assume, I havent checked with anyone yet ).

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Your screenshot show a GNS installed in the C310 panel, not a GTN..

Use the Milviz MVAMS app to configure your 310 with a GTN in the panel, first!

• Like 1

Bert

@RXP I much appreciate the how-to insert images in Avsim. I've avoided Avsim as much as possible over the years because I thought I read all the other instructions on how to insert images but still couldn't do it.

By the way, I was sooo close to buying F1 instead of RXP' GTN products because F1 seems to be featured in more planes whereas RXP is not (eg. Justflight's PA-28 Turbo Arrow III and IV).

But almost all forum messages recommend RXP instead of F1 and I see you in a lot of forums too, and with the continuing sale RXP has,  I went with that. I'm glad I did. Your helpful reply makes me hopeful that I will get RXP's GTN modules integrated into planes that only have F1's GTN as the default.  Hopefully (with help from members like @Bert Pieke), I'll figure it all out before FS2020 comes out, and we'll all have to start the add-on juggle all over again.

Thank you again.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 1/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Your screenshot show a GNS installed in the C310 panel, not a GTN..

Use the Milviz MVAMS app to configure your 310 with a GTN in the panel, first!

@Bert Pieke sorry. I should have been more explicit. What I am trying to do is integrate the GTN into the Milviz C310 Redux panel. The screen shows that I have both the GTN and the GNS working, but I can't get the GTN to integrate into the C310 panel. It works as a pop-up though as you can see from the screencap above.

From the Milviz website, apparently the F1 GTN integrates into the C310 panel as an option. The RXP GTN 750 and 650 is not on the list, but I'm thinking it should be since the C310 is one of Milviz's newer releases. The image below is from the Milviz website: https://milviz.com/flight/products/310_redux/index.php

Avsim-RXP-1-26-2020%2012-19-00%20PM.jpg?

The image below is from Milviz's MVAM app for the C310:

Avsim-MVAMs-1-26-2020%2012-38-33%20PM.jp

Edited by oneleg
Added MVAM screencap

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Correct... select a F1 GTN option, I have GTN750/GNS430 in my panel.

Then start up the airplane and use the RXP Addons drop down menu to substitute the RXP GTN for the F1 GTN.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Correct... select a Flight1 GTN option, I have GTN750/GNS430 in my panel.

Then start up the airplane and use the RXP Addons drop down menu to substitute the RXP GTN for the Flight1 GTN.

So don't use Milviz's MVAM app?  Will I need to manually edit any files (eg. panel.cfg) and rename file names to replace F1* with RXP* (eg. F1GTN.ini) in the instances where they can be found? Thanks.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 minutes ago, oneleg said:

So don't use Milviz's MVAM app?  Will I need to manually edit any files (eg. panel.cfg) and rename file names to replace F1* with RXP* (eg. F1GTN.ini) in the instances where they can be found? Thanks.

DO use the MVAM app as I indicated earlier.. and no, you do not have to edit any panel.cfg files.

• Like 1

Bert

Appreciate the quick reply. Thank you very much.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

To recap, the process is in two steps:

1. Use the 3rd party aircraft vendor tool/app to setup the GTN version. This changes the aircraft 3D model and panel.cfg with the GTN version selected.
  2. Use the RXP Panel Assistant to easily replace instances of the GTN with the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch which matches (750->750, 650->650).

Optional: for 3D cockpit interactions you might want to manually edit the panel.cfg in order to add a small xml gauge file available from several sources in this forum ( hint: f1vc.xml ). This gauge translates 3D buttons/knobs actions hard-coded for the other into the RXP GTN commands.

In addition, you might want to lobbying your favorite aircraft vendor to add support for Reality XP GTN. We provide all the necessary files and code (as a matter of fact it ships and installs with our products to your drive) and any vendor already having a 'GTN' variant of their aircraft only need spending roughly 2 hours to add support for RXP GTN.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

And once you have substituted in the RXP gauge(s) and done any manual editing such as positioning of the pop-up gauge(s) make backup copies of the panel.cfg and the RXP created .ini files.  Because if you later run the Milviz MVAM tool again it will overwrite your panel.cfg file without warning you.  Though it may leave a backup copy of its own.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere