Sign in to follow this  
Evros

Immersion Manager from Orbx not launching

After deleting previous installation of Immersion Manager and re downloading from Orbx Central, it wont launch with the sim anymore so I can not use it. It also looks as if it's not downloaded at all, because there is nothing but version file and '11.dll' in Immersion Manager folder. Also no entry in exe.xml.

Edited by Evros

I just clicked on "verify files" in orbx and the system appears to be running... it might work for you?

Craig Read, EGLL

An update has been pushed, make sure you update Immersion Manager in the "My Products" section of Central

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

@Keven Menard

Sorry for hijacking someone elses topic, but Immersion Manager doesn't work for me either.

When I start P3D I get the usual error message saying that "something went wrong and a log files was created on my desktop". However, I could not find such a log file. When I click on "Launch" in ORBX Central, nothing happens - I don't even get the error message.

I had ORBX install the most recent version of both 747 immersion and Immersion Manager to no success. Also, I de-installed both and re-installed them to no success either. Any idea would be appreciated :).

1 minute ago, danno1502 said:

@Keven Menard

Sorry for hijacking someone elses topic, but Immersion Manager doesn't work for me either.

When I start P3D I get the usual error message saying that "something went wrong and a log files was created on my desktop". However, I could not find such a log file. When I click on "Launch" in ORBX Central, nothing happens - I don't even get the error message.

I had ORBX install the most recent version of both 747 immersion and Immersion Manager to no success. Also, I de-installed both and re-installed them to no success either. Any idea would be appreciated :).

Delete the entire C:\Program Files\Parallel 42\Immersion Manager folder, restart Central and reinstall 747 Immersion.

Let me know if Immersion Manager shows up in that directory and if it launches (will show in the system tray)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

14 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Delete the entire C:\Program Files\Parallel 42\Immersion Manager folder, restart Central and reinstall 747 Immersion.

Let me know if Immersion Manager shows up in that directory and if it launches (will show in the system tray)

Thanks for the swift reply, Sir. That worked. Little confused, however, as I went under the impression Immersion Manager was going to be installed in the Library file?

1 minute ago, danno1502 said:

I went under the impression Immersion Manager was going to be installed in the Library file?

Right now it installs in the Program Files directory. We are working with Orbx to enable you to move it to the library

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Right now it installs in the Program Files directory. We are working with Orbx to enable you to move it to the library

Good news, cheers.Took the 74 for a spin and everything works as awesome as I ve been used to. Thank you again.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:27 PM, Keven Menard said:

Hey Keven,

I find myself running into a similar issue with ChasePlane. Yesterday and today Chaseplane wouldn't launch. I checked for the C:\Program Files\Parallel 42\Chaseplane folder only to find it nearly empty. I fired up ORBX Central, asked it to deinstall Chaseplane, manually deleted said folder and then reinstalled it. Chaseplan worked like a charm afterwards - until the next reboot. Any ideas what could cause that?

On 2/2/2020 at 8:57 PM, danno1502 said:

Hey Keven,

I find myself running into a similar issue with ChasePlane. Yesterday and today Chaseplane wouldn't launch. I checked for the C:\Program Files\Parallel 42\Chaseplane folder only to find it nearly empty. I fired up ORBX Central, asked it to deinstall Chaseplane, manually deleted said folder and then reinstalled it. Chaseplan worked like a charm afterwards - until the next reboot. Any ideas what could cause that?

@Keven Menard

Hi Keven,

any chance you could have a look into my issue? Its really starting to push my buttons...:(

On 2/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, danno1502 said:

@Keven Menard

Hi Keven,

any chance you could have a look into my issue? Its really starting to push my buttons...:(

This thread is about Immersion Manager and this is a User-to-User forum. If you want One-on-One support, please open a ticket at https://parallel42.freshdesk.com/

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42