Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

2 Questions: Starting Engines and the FMS

1) I cannot get the engines to start: fuel boost on, ignition on, hit the starter switch, n is rising, at around 12 I move the respective throttles forward - nothing. I must be missing something....

2) I have the Flight 1 GTN installed. Do I need to interact with the FMS at all?

3) Actually a third thing: For the life of it, I cannot find where I set the altitude....

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

1) I cannot get the engines to start: fuel boost on, ignition on, hit the starter switch, n is rising, at around 12 I move the respective throttles forward - nothing. I must be missing something....

2) I have the Flight 1 GTN installed. Do I need to interact with the FMS at all?

3) Actually a third thing: For the life of it, I cannot find where I set the altitude....

1) Ignition switches NORM? If they are, this problem might be related to your default aircraft/situation. What's your default aircraft and did you select the cold & dark menu function after loading the XL?

2) don't have

3) MFD right lower knob

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

2) If you are using the GTN 750, you do not need the FMS.  Send an email to Bert Pieke for his panel mod using the GTN 750, it will help you a lot.

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

22 minutes ago, HowieTallGuy said:

I had the same issue with not being able to start the engines (with APU/bleed); however, they start just fine with the GPU.

Why would you need bleed air for engine start?

DOnt forget to click on the engine Cut switch first when starting engines, or they wont start. I usually hit the start button, then the fuel cut switch (at the base of the power levers) then move the levers to idle position. Then the engines will start.

Edited by Mark Niebauer
typo