Sign in to follow this  
Bottle

A general gamer view of MSFS

1 hour ago, aleex said:

Top or bottom? Anyways I don’t see Xbox One anywhere. Just Xbox game studios 

It says at the top, coming to Xbox One, Windows 10.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mdsim said:

No, I don't think so. It's a entertainment  or (with the right add ons) a educational simulation, but NOT a game at all. Therefore, USER would be the better term.

You can dress up as a captain too in your basement while playing this "simulator", but you are still doing just that. Playing. Sure you might learn things like in a real plane, but that doesn't give you a certification for it. You do it out of passion, and said "simulators" are not to be used for training purposes. Which leaves the only real purpose: entertainment. With a software in a computer. We are players/gamers. Nothing more.

If you want to be something more, out you go with your money to invest it into real flight lessons at a real flight school 🙂

To quote what a developer said about a multiplayer tank game (World of Tanks): "You want realism? Join the Army"

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

To be clear, MS has xboxone on their website.

And on YouTube in their trailer, MS has answered questions like these a few times with xboxone.

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

To quote what a developer said about a multiplayer tank game (World of Tanks): "You want realism? Join the Army"

I did that.  In 1972.  I wanted to play with toy tanks on a one to one scale.  And it was fun!  A few decades later I had some input to the development of Steel Beasts and it was as realistic as I ever care to get.  It should be as it's used for real world training (but not by the USA unfortunately).  It's also a pretty darn good game.

The flight lessons I did in 1971.  Some decades later I flew flight sims on early computers.  It was a good experience, even in the earliest days, but it wasn't quite up to the realism that the tank sim was.

Now I fly P3Dv4.  If I don't look at the simulated world through a microscope it's as real as it needs to be.  It's also a pretty darn good game.

Flying and tanking can be a lot of fun.  Games about them can be a lot of fun too, but you can also be as serious as you want to be.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;