Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

PMDG OPS Centre v2

Hi All,

I'm posting here instead of the PMDG forums because I don't have an account over there and am hoping to avoid creating yet another one. 

I've just purchased the NGXu and installed into P3D V4.5. No issues with that process (although I'm not sure if I should have removed the NGX first). Two things I now observe is that

1. I now have two separate PMDG OPS Centres. The first (original version) and the newer version 2. I would have expected that the newer version overwrote the original version but that didn't happen and indeed they've installed into two different folders (I didn't change the location of the original version from it's default settings). Both icons are on the desktop. Am I OK to just delete the older version (and it's assoicated folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Centre\"? There is no uninstall for the OPS Centre from what I can see. 

2. When I run OPS Centre v2 I'm getting a notification telling me that the 747 QOTS VII  is out of date. Unfortunately the button to update says "TOO OLD TO UPDATE". Currently installed version is 3.00.8415 whilst the available version is 3.00.9431. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I tried loading the original OPS Centre (which also advises of the update) but for some reason the update fails.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

This is answered often in the PMDG forums.  Don't want to create a forum account for a product that you paid a lot of money for?  Does that make sense?

Dan Downs KCRP

Things that make you go hmmm......😕

David Porrett

Thanks for the constructive replies gents - much appreciated. I'm not sure what you're getting at your what your inference is but yes - I've forked out a considerable sum of money for PMDG products over the years including another $100USD this morning for the NGXu.

If I absolutely need to create yet another account on yet another forum I will do so but in the first instance I thought I'd come back to good 'ol AVSIM where I've held an account for 10+ years and see if I could source some advice here as the user base is huge and I'm sure the answer known.

Thanks

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Some of the more major PMDG updates can't be made with the OC, and at that point an update requires you to download the latest full installer from the PMDG e-commerce site, uninstall your current version, and then reinstall the new one.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

You have two options:

Create a Forum Account at PMDG and ask the other users there.

Or create a support ticket with PMDG directly and ask the developers.

10 hours ago, Farlis said:

You have two options:

Create a Forum Account at PMDG and ask the other users there.

Or create a support ticket with PMDG directly and ask the developers.

Not entirely true - As suspected somebody would have an answer and it was Bob. I followed his advice and uninstalled/reinstalled the QOTSII and all is now well. 

Thanks Bob!

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald