Sign in to follow this  

I just loaded this driver as I've done with all new drivers.  Perfect.  Didn't mess with anything.  I have my P3d set to unlimited, and I'm enjoying it as a new driver that works very well.  I'm happy.  No fooling around with any of the new frame settings.  Sometimes we tweak too much and try things that aren't necessary IMHO.

Stan

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2020 at 6:19 PM, spilok said:

I just loaded this driver as I've done with all new drivers.  Perfect.  Didn't mess with anything.  I have my P3d set to unlimited, and I'm enjoying it as a new driver that works very well.  I'm happy.  No fooling around with any of the new frame settings.  Sometimes we tweak too much and try things that aren't necessary IMHO.

Stan

I just popped over to this forum to check if anyone else was seeing a huge improvement with this driver. My experience seems to align the best with yours Stan. I always install new Nvidia drivers the same way, ticking the 'clean install' checkbox, and unchecking the GEforce Experience and sound driver options (I did have to install the new control panel from the store). I have always had to make changes to a few of the options in the control panel as well as setting some of the AA options in NI to get P3D looking good. After I installed this version, I was pleasantly surprised to find that P3D looked perfect right out of the gate. I've been using it as installed without setting anything manually. The thing is, there also seems to be a significant increase in overall visual quality as well. All of the models look smoother and more realistic. Lighting and shadows look better, too. I fly out of BWI, ORD, MSP, DEN, CYYZ, and BOS a lot. There are parts of these airpors that I have been looking at for months, even years, that are very familiar to me. I am 100% certain that these areas look better than they ever did. I just looked at the global profile and the profile for P3D in the control panel. Most of the usual options that I need to change for P3D are at values that I know to be wrong. I have no idea why it looks so good. I'm not going to fool with any of them.

I have not played with the limiter at all. I don't need it. FPS and smoothness are acceptable (never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be typing that in relation to an ESP sim).

I sure hope a future version doesn't undo this.

Edited by MDFlier

14 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I just popped over to this forum to check if anyone else was seeing a huge improvement with this driver. My experience seems to align the best with yours Stan. I always install new Nvidia drivers the same way, ticking the 'clean install' checkbox, and unchecking the GEforce Experience and sound driver options (I did have to install the new control panel from the store). I have always had to make changes to a few of the options in the control panel as well as setting some of the AA options in NI to get P3D looking good. After I installed this version, I was pleasantly surprised to find that P3D looked perfect right out of the gate. I've been using it as installed without setting anything manually. The thing is, there also seems to be a significant increase in overall visual quality as well. All of the models look smoother and more realistic. Lighting and shadows look better, too. I fly out of BWI, ORD, MSP, DEN, CYYZ, and BOS a lot. There are parts of these airpors that I have been looking at for months, even years, that are very familiar to me. I am 100% certain that these areas look better than they ever did. I just looked at the global profile and the profile for P3D in the control panel. Most of the usual options that I need to change for P3D are at values that I know to be wrong. I have no idea why it looks so good. I'm not going to fool with any of them.

I have not played with the limiter at all. I don't need it. FPS and smoothness are acceptable (never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be typing that in relation to an ESP sim).

I sure hope a future version doesn't undo this.

EXACTLY!  Too often people "mess with" a driver instead of just testing it as it was released.  This driver DEFINITELY has improved my overall visual quality and performance in P3d......right out to the box!

Stan

On 2/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, spilok said:

Stan

Using one of the new frame limiter settings is hardly "tweaking"..

Other than that I agree with your comments..  :happy:

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Using one of the new frame limiter settings is hardly "tweaking"..

Other than that I agree with your comments..  :happy:

Love ya, Bert.  I've learned more from you than anybody.  Keep up the great posts.

Stan

20 minutes ago, spilok said:

Love ya, Bert.  I've learned more from you than anybody.  Keep up the great posts.

Stan

Don't tell him that. There'll be no living with him.

The 'Climate' changes every day. It's what we call 'Weather'.

My Paints On MediaFire

I am back on Driver 388.13 I am tempted to upgrade to this driver with my P3d V4.5. Using GTX 1070. But I am confused about comments about the NVIDIA Control Panel needing to be downloaded from somewhere else and not being included with the driver download? In the past I always simply choose the clean install method which works fine, but I never had to worry about the NVIDIA Control Panel not being present and usable after the upgrade. Certainly I need it to change settings for P3D, set  monitor frame rates, resolutions, etc.

Another post above said it is not present with the game ready version of this driver from NVIDIA but is present with the driver downloaded from another source?

Also is the new  frame limiter found in the Control Panel?

Any clarification would be appreciated before I jump in.

Greg

Greg Clark

I dl from nividia. Clean install. Right click on win 10. Panel is there to change my setting. Same as usual. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

i didn't lose mine either

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

Ok it worked fine and I can see the new features described above. Since I had  an old driver I  had to download the STANDARD driver not the DHQ one. The DHQ driver would not have installed over my old driver. Also I found out the  Microsoft store version is not compatible with the standard driver, only DHQ driver. 

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark