Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

VoxATC traffic working in P3D v3 but not P3D v4

I've done a few flights with VOXATC and it works fine in P3D v3 as the traffic is working (although i cant get voxpop to work). However just today P3D v4 is no longer working with VoxATC. There is no traffic in v4 but in v3 there is traffic. I'm using JustFlight Traffic Global and have disabled the TrafficGlobalAirportFacilities file in the scenery library. But the traffic is still not appearing in P3D v4.

Edited by arwasairl

aaron

my initial question ..... are you using the respective P3D versions of voxatc on the same computer.

it is hard to understand your issues (different sims, different aircraft, different voxtac & different JFTG ... a mix of 32 & 64 bit perhaps)

tell us some more to help ... there may be others wiser than i in this.

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, arwasairl said:

just today P3D v4 is no longer working with VoxATC

& i forgot to ask, it did work but now not ...... what changed.

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, vadriver said:

& i forgot to ask, it did work but now not ...... what changed.

Nothing really. I've just added some aircraft to P3D v3 (VRS F18). I didn't change anything on P3D v4. And yes I use VoxATC P3D v3 for 3 and I use VoxATC P3D v4 for v4. I reinstalled VoxATC P3D v4 several times (and I deleted the Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC v4 folder too) ran the indexer, but still traffic does not show up in P3D v4. Ive noticed the VoxATCServer.exe would not start and if I manually start it, a command prompt would pop up. This happens for both P3D v3 and P3D v4 but traffic works on P3D v3 only. The Voxpop server does startup only on P3D v3. If I run P3D v4 Voxpop server does not start in background. Also my task manager is reporting that the Voxpop server is 32 bit. Maybe that's why it won't start in P3D v4?

Edited by arwasairl

8 hours ago, arwasairl said:

traffic works on P3D v3 only

aaron

• firstly, let me mention i only have P3D452 on my W764 computer with Vox742 (with cereproc / ivonna / microsoft voices).

traffic is AIG trafic**.bgl's specifically compatible with P3D4 (& different to P3D3 files / models)..

• from your notes, one assumes in both sims, you successfully start / initialise the vox panel from within the sim's instrument list to hear an atis and receive clearance against your flightplan (from at least a microsoft voice).

it thus seems the only issue is no traffic in P3D4 (assuming the sim's traffic slider is at zero / vox's traffic slider at 30-50).

i guess the question becomes do you see P3D4 traffic without voxatc, ie with sim traffic at 50.

ps never used voxpop voices on any vers of vox nor JFTG.

& maybe this is of help (vox does not like scenery conflicts)

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/557678-traffic-global-vs-aig-vs-orbx/?tab=comments#comment-4038455

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

28 minutes ago, vadriver said:

aaron

• firstly, let me mention i only have P3D452 on my W764 computer with Vox742 (with cereproc / ivonna / microsoft voices).

traffic is AIG trafic**.bgl's specifically compatible with P3D4 (& different to P3D3 files / models)..

• from your notes, one assumes in both sims, you successfully start / initialise the vox panel from within the sim's instrument list to hear an atis and receive clearance against your flightplan (from at least a microsoft voice).

it thus seems the only issue is no traffic in P3D4 (assuming the sim's traffic slider is at zero / vox's traffic slider at 30-50).

i guess the question becomes do you see P3D4 traffic without voxatc, ie with sim traffic at 50.

ps never used voxpop voices on any vers of vox.

If i use JustFlight's traffic global traffic yes the traffic is there, so I can only assume its VoxATC traffic not working. I have my traffic in VoxATC settings set to 50% and default P3D v4 traffic set to 0%. And yes if I use Microsoft's voices I do hear the "test test test" and I do hear the ATIS. So the ATC part of VoxATC is working but not the traffic.

1 hour ago, arwasairl said:

but not the traffic.

you may have missed the link to a topic on JFTG in my previous ..... a later edit.

for now, cheers

john martin

32 minutes ago, vadriver said:

you may have missed the link to a topic on JFTG in my previous ..... a later edit.

I have already disabled that in my scenery library, (For P3D v4 and v3) and it still has no traffic with VoxATC on v4. I redownloaded the P3D v4 VoxATC installer and i installed it onto my E:\ drive instead of my D:\ drive. No difference. It is most likely a P3D v4 related issue, which is annoying 😕

Edited by arwasairl

2 hours ago, arwasairl said:

which is annoying

aaron ....... indeed it must be.

i'm sure you  have tried at different airports ..... vox is fussy about "crook scenery".

my only other suggestion is trying some freeware AIG plans/models https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=28686.0 (which are premium in my opinion) possible after removing / deactivating JFGT.

for now, cheers

john martin

17 minutes ago, vadriver said:

i'm sure you  have tried at different airports ..... vox is fussy about "crook scenery".

my only other suggestion is trying some freeware AIG plans/models https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=28686.0 (which are premium in my opinion) possible after removing / deactivating JFGT.

Ive tried it at default scenery still no traffic 😕 (default CYUL no traffic). Ill try AIG but Im doubting AIG will work either since P3D v3 works with JF so I dont see how P3D v4 wouldn't work.

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

I spend the better part of 2 hours downloading AIG aircrafts, it worked fine. But, VoxATC STILL does not work with ANY traffic program.... I uninstalled TrafficGlobal completely and yet VoxATC doesn't work with AIG.... It's not a total loss as I think the AIG aircraft look better. I will in the meantime just set the Traffic Density in default P3D settings and use AIG schedules.

Edited by arwasairl

As with most flightsim issues like this, there is something about your specific P3d4 installation that you are missing. I don't think that I've ever heard of a lack of AI traffic using VOXATC. If anything, one sees so much traffic that the system can bog down. 

It seems like you've done all the basic troubleshooting steps. You installed and reinstalled VOXATC. You tried a different AI package. You checked to make sure that the sim displayed "normal" AI traffic. You tried different airports.

It is tempting to believe that your two versions of VOXATC are in conflict, but you should be able to see this by looking carefully at the contents of your Internal Workings APPDATA folder. You should have separate subfolders for both VOXATC versions. The file dates for the configuration files in each subfolder should correspond to the last time you ran each version of the VOXATC Indexer. The entries in each VASettings.xml file should also be correct for each file.

If you have any other questions after examing the APPDATA folder, post them.

jay

i wonder how important the 3 folders (SimObjects / Aircraft / Rotorcraft) in the VASettings are in the circumstance.

my default values loading v742 show FSX which given vox works in P3D452 & earliers, & it is my only sim, i never changed it to ??

have you set the value to P3D4 for example.

may help aaron .... though he should see the indexer read his AI files (bgl's & cfg's) & read aircrafttypes.dat to confirm.

for now, cheers

john martin

1 minute ago, vadriver said:

have you set the value to P3D4 for example.

I have a feeling that this entry was to differentiate FS9 from FSX. I'm pretty sure that VOXATC checks the registry entry for the sim to determine it's setup configuration. Or maybe Mr. West figured that no one would have VOXATC installed for both P3d3 and P3d4. There might also be a licensing issue created by registry entries.  One might need two unique licenses. The OP would have to look in the Windows registry also to see what the VOXATC entries look like.

I'll check on this further.

19 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Or maybe Mr. West figured that no one would have VOXATC installed for both P3d3 and P3d4.

a fair call ..........

for now, cheers

john martin