Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

One reason for P3D CTD ntdll.dll (culprit addressed)

On 2/26/2020 at 5:49 AM, jothanon said:

I use Real Traffic/FLAI too and was getting the wretched Ntdll.dll crash and had no idea why.This could definitely explain it.My solution has been to change the compatibility mode of P3D to windows 8 and haven't had a ctd since.Not sure its a perfect solution though but I cant see any difference in performance 

I'll try this, and let know if it works.

Thank you

I want to report that I did @jothanon's suggestion on running P3D on Windows 8 compatibility mode, and so far no CTDs! I'll make some flights within Europe, mainly from EGLL to try and confirm the fix. I'll keep you posted.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, BerndB said:

Just to let the ones know who are interested: One reason for CTD in P3D with the modul ntdll is in fact an wrong or corrupted AI Aircraft (or a missing but needed file like texture, effect etc.within this aircraft). In my case it turned out that it is definetly the FLAI A320 and may one specific model of the IAE variant of it. 

Now, after many flights within Europe and Germany with this model excluded but a lot of other traffic generated by UTL with the FLAI package, i have no CTD anymore and my P3D runs stable as i was used to.

May this helps others who are desperate for finding a reason of ntdll CTD.

Which A320 model? Contrary to my previous post, using just FLAI, a couple weeks ago going into BIKF , which had many other online pilots in the ground I got this ntdll crash on very short final. Landing on rwy 28, the FLAI textures we're starting to load on the FLAI models when the CTD occurred. Very disappointing. I don't use UTL so for sure it was FLAI. Can you give me the offending model name?

Eric 

UPDATE: The  'Windows 8 compatibility mode' tip has been working perfectly. I did a EGLL-ESSA flight without a glitch! I'll keep flying within Europe for a final confirmation on the fix. I'm very happy.

I'm so happy to have found this thread, if not to find a solution, but to see that I'm not crazy or alone. Last summer, I spent hours on trying to figure out why I could not make a successful flight into or out of EGLL without P3D crashing due to NTDLL.dll. In my testing, I indeed narrowed it down to AI2UTL injecting FLAI traffic and using UTL. If I've read carefully, that makes 3 of us in this thread that have crashes at EGLL using AI2UTL to inject FLAI into UTL. Perhaps this suggests it's a corrupt model OR a specific livery/flight plan of a specific model that consistently generates at Heathrow.

I will have much much more testing to do, but I believe I may have run into a solution. The problem file was indeed the model.IAE of the FAIB A320 included with FLAI. I downloaded the standalone FAIB A320 from their website, and simply replaced the FLAI FAIB A320 model.IAE folder with the one from FAIB directly. Before, i was able to get a 100% reproducible CTD (ntdll.dll) by pressing Cntl-Shift-T at EGLL (or surrounding London airports). Now, no crash. Hopefully this can help some people.