Sign in to follow this  
charles246

Lost flight Plans with latest trainer updates

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere but maybe I am the only one with the issue.

I have very recently been directed by one of the GTN 750 updates to also update the trainer. I now have Version 6.620 TRNG .  With the update I seem to have lost all of my old flight plans. I do have a backup of most of the folders used by the Trainers. What would I need to copy over from my backup to the trainer location without messing up my trainer version and database?

Thanks for any answers.

Charles

Hi,

I believe you'll find the information you're looking for in the pinned discussion:

TL;DR: check "Device Embedded Memory" in the RXP GTN User's Manual

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 hours ago, RXP said:

I believe you'll find the information you're looking for in the pinned discussion:

Thank you for your prompt response.  It is greatly appreciated. 

This is strange but you may not find it so:

I am running Steam X-Plane  and had bought /installed GTN 750 a couple of years ago. As I said, and as you know, there was a Trainer update recently and I went through that. This morning, for some reason, I loaded X-Plane default Boeing 747. The last time I had loaded that particular AC was probably prior to my purchase of the GTN, reality-XP. When I activated the GTN from the plugin, all my saved routes were gone and so I naturally assumed that it was because of the new Trainer version. This afternoon, without making any backup overwrites,  I loaded an aircraft I normally load and the GTN now showed all my previous and recent saved routes.

I should say that several years ago, when I was solely using Steam FSX, I had also purchased and installed the GTN 750 for that sim. Even though I rarely run FSX these days, I never uninstalled the GTN 750 for that sim, reasoning that I will mess up the present GTN for X-plane. So it may be possible that the two got somehow mixed up? Or do they both use the same trainer and at the same location?

Anyway, bottom line, all is well. I have always been very impressed by this product and would hate to screw it up. There had been many problems I remember with the GTN750 for FSX but none with the X-Plane version. I am also impressed by the constant updates to it. The downside of this seems to be that I quickly run out of re-installs with F1.com but the procedure for license renewal is now familiar and relatively painless.

Edited by RXP

4 hours ago, charles246 said:

There had been many problems I remember with the GTN750 for FSX but none with the X-Plane version

Hi,

Are you sure you were actually using the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch with FSX and not another GTN product from another vendor?

4 hours ago, charles246 said:

Anyway, bottom line, all is well. I have always been very impressed by this product and would hate to screw it up.

I'm glad you've got all sorted out and thank you for your kind words!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

15 hours ago, RXP said:

Are you sure you were actually using the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch with FSX and not another GTN product from another vendor?

Now that you mention it, the Proof of Purchase Certificate from F1.com in my 2015 purchase simply says GTN 750 for FSX. The similar but 2019 certificate, from the same company says: RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (XPlane)

Edited by RXP