Sign in to follow this  
TNTom888

Multiple aircraft parking in single spots

I've recently made an airport from scratch. It is a fictional airport. I have no faults in the fault finder of ADE but instead of using each parking spot provided, my airlines will park "through" each other at several single parking spots. However if I change the date so that all aircraft are on the field, the parking is fine and every gate is filled with a single ship. The radiuses are correct for the aircraft visiting. There are no overlapping spots. I have no clue why this is happening nor how to fix it. Only thing I can think of is P3D possibly has a limit of certain aircraft or limit of certain airlines that can land at one time? I am using P3D v4.5. Will supply my file upon request.

First you post AI problems in FSX then P3D is mentioned, are we talking Default AI or addon AI , check you only have one AI BGL in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder, as more than one will cause conflict.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

check you only have one AI BGL in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder, as more than one will cause conflict.

No it won't, and it never has. It's very common in the AI community to have MANY (even thousands of) traffic files working without issue.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

A Duplicate AI BGL will run the same AI twice.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Don't worry about if the global fleet of airliners are grounded soon, multiple aircraft at the same spot will be very realistic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

A Duplicate AI BGL will run the same AI twice.

It will indeed, but it won't cause them to use the same parking spots. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 3/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, Quasimodo said:

Don't worry about if the global fleet of airliners are grounded soon, multiple aircraft at the same spot will be very realistic.

hahaha

From what i recall about double parking over on the threads at FSDeveloper, the most common reason is due to an incorrectly oriented hold short node (as in the solid line on the runway side instead of the dashed line). I've found this problem a couple times in downloads from the library. I would not be surprised if there's some other things that can cause it too.

As for duplicate afcads for the same airport, it'll confuse/mess up your intended gate assignments more than anything else.