Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

ADE & v5

I read somewhere that ADE already supports P3Dv5..does that include sloped runways support, and how does that actually work in practice? Does anyone have any info or even better, a video of updated ADE in action?  I think it will take some considerable time for Devs (like uk2000) to implement sloped runways and we may need to get jiggy with ADE to make use of some of the updated features in the short term?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

I read somewhere that ADE already supports P3Dv5..does that include sloped runways support, and how does that actually work in practice? Does anyone have any info or even better, a video of updated ADE in action?  I think it will take some considerable time for Devs (like uk2000) to implement sloped runways and we may need to get jiggy with ADE to make use of some of the updated features in the short term?

The developer of this tool is part of the V5 Beta :wink

S.

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

The developer of this tool is part of the V5 Beta :wink

S.

I assumed so, hope Jon can share some info about the updates to ADE in short order now...? EDIT I've asked for this in Jon's thread on FSdeveloper....  apparently the new features are available in the latest dev build..

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

If sloped runways are implemented by third party airport developers, I sincerely hope that they are done properly. In other words....smooth transitions between mesh joints, rather than "hard edges".

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, Christopher Low said:

If sloped runways are implemented by third party airport developers, I sincerely hope that they are done properly. In other words....smooth transitions between "bumps", rather than "hard edges between mesh points".

I fear it will take an immensely long time to get Gary to adopt this into his workflow 😞

xaP1VAU.png

To be fair, sloped runways are not exactly top of my own personal wish list. I appreciate that real world pilots see this in a different light, but it's a minor issue to me :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, Christopher Low said:

To be fair, sloped runways are not exactly top of my own personal wish list. I appreciate that real world pilots see this in a different light, but it's a minor issue to me :smile:

Chris it makes all the difference to your landings, you have to pick the right spot

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

I'm with your here, I'm insanely curious about how this gets implemented. Especially how this will change the way we make groundpolies. I can foresee a way wherein you use a detailed mesh to make a poly representing the ground, but it'd be great to have more experienced developers weigh in on this.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

This has already been answered in another thread, so I'll just summarize it here. ADE developmental version 1.79 has those features included, but they won't be unlocked until 24 April.