Sign in to follow this  
BigG433

P3Dv5 installation question

Just finished my v5 download and about to install. I have read the installation document but still have a question (or maybe confirmation) regarding the install but can't get to the P3D forum right now.

Can v5 be installed outside of C:\Program Files (x86)? I installed v4 on my C drive in it's own directory outside of C:\Program Files (x86). Just wanting to confirm this is still acceptable. Thanks in advance...g

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Yes it can, and it is normally advised to keep it out of this directory

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Thanks Steve! Appreciate your prompt response!

• Like 1

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Other question I have, can we have both P3D v4 and v5 installed? I'm just about to install mine to test and would like to confirm it

Yes, that is what I am doing.

3 minutes ago, Berike said:

Other question I have, can we have both P3D v4 and v5 installed? I'm just about to install mine to test and would like to confirm it

That is what I have done, in the same drive until everything gets updated for V5. No problems so far

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Well, I guess I also have a question... I was running P3Dv4.5. I uninstalled and re-installed Windows 10 for the sole purpose of re-installing P3Dv5. Now, when I go to the P3D website and log in, the only version available is v4.5... Is this normal? I thought license owners were supposed to upgrade at no charge...

Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, boomerc154 said:

Well, I guess I also have a question... I was running P3Dv4.5. I uninstalled and re-installed Windows 10 for the sole purpose of re-installing P3Dv5. Now, when I go to the P3D website and log in, the only version available is v4.5... Is this normal? I thought license owners were supposed to upgrade at no charge...

Any thoughts?

It’s a new purchase, $60. Why did you go through the trouble of doing that just to install?

v5 requires a purchase just as previous versions. Check the P3D store... if you can get on the site!

1 minute ago, mtr75 said:

It’s a new purchase, $60. Why did you go through the trouble of doing that just to install?

Ehh.. just figured I would..

Good to know, so I will install it in parallel to test it until the add-ons are migrated 

2 hours ago, boomerc154 said:

Ehh.. just figured I would..

Yes, you need to put a newly purchased license ID and activation password to see the P3Dv.5 download.  The old IDs will take you to the P3Dv4.5 download.

Edited by signmanbob

4 hours ago, BigG433 said:

Can v5 be installed outside of C:\Program Files (x86)? I installed v4 on my C drive in it's own directory outside of C:\Program Files (x86). Just wanting to confirm this is still acceptable. Thanks in advance...g

I would NEVER EVER install ANY P3D or Addon in the C:\Program Files or the old 32bit C:\Program Files (x86). You would need to grant admin rights to some software to work properly and thats not necessary if you install outside of those special "Microsoft" folders.

I do have a drive D and E and since the first P3D came out I do use:

D:\P3D - for the flightsim itself
D:\FTools - for ANYTING related to Flightsim, like IVAO, Navigraph, LittleNavmap, Aircrafts...

Ralf

On 4/15/2020 at 5:18 AM, skystar said:

I would NEVER EVER install ANY P3D or Addon in the C:\Program Files or the old 32bit C:\Program Files (x86). You would need to grant admin rights to some software to work properly and thats not necessary if you install outside of those special "Microsoft" folders.

I do have a drive D and E and since the first P3D came out I do use:

D:\P3D - for the flightsim itself
D:\FTools - for ANYTING related to Flightsim, like IVAO, Navigraph, LittleNavmap, Aircrafts...

Ralf

Hello guys ! 

After a format, 91I've make my installation following Ralf's advices : G:\P3D.

But when I try to install pmdg 737 (p3d version), installer can't find the sim path and ask me to use a v3 or v4 version... 

Other addons are ok : fsgrw, orbx... 

Any idea ? 

Alexis M. 

Hi Guys 

I also have a question about this, my goal is to have p3dv5 on another drive (d drive) but now when I try to run the fslabs installer it fails to find the p3d simulator, doesn't even give you the chance to change the sim location. 

P3d installed to d drive just fine but not fslabs A320x , it says cant locate the sim 

I think its because its not in the programs file , like if it was in c drive , that has program files and x86 folders too , could this be the issue ?

Any help would be appreciated 

regards

Jeff F

Edited by decotime